Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #3601
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I really dont know what materials are the best and which are the strongest or look the best, but nothing I've got from the COTD has disappointed me and I dont think this guy will, but I could be wrong. As for the apples, I see a lot of chinese knock offs on ebay with a bunch of different colors, that's one thing I didnt care about at all though, at least not for $50 dollars, maybe $25
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:59 PM   #3602
MPCanes
The X-Men

Another one to remove from the statue bench press and curl rotation.

Seriously though, what a great sculpt - and if the paint apps are there, stop caring what it is made of!

I've got pieces made from Resin, PVC, Porcelain, ABS, Polystone, Polyresin...know what *most* people say when they look at pieces? "That paint work/sculpt sucks" or "that paint work/sculpt is great" not "that looks like PVC to me!"
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:32 PM   #3603
Peedi
The Secret Six

Mirror poses
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:58 PM   #3604
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Mirror poses
Same/similar poses are not an issue for me, I think Odium pulls it off better than Juggernaut anyway. Of course the biggest difference between these two is about $400!! lol

Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:14 PM   #3605
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I don't care about the materials especially since they are listing it as so, as many people claimed they would be fine with as long as it was listed in advanced. That proved to not be the case ...people on fb are still crying because it's PVC. Anywho, I never planned on getting this big boy in the first place. Looks good but I just don't think his design fits the CotD
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:19 PM   #3606
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I think he looks pretty cool and will probably get one down the road in aftermarket.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:40 PM   #3607
grphyx1
Kingpin

Looks like they changed the base slightly. Missing some spiked skulls. Glad they kept the price interesting
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:22 PM   #3608
Valderen
The Spirit

It's priced pretty much as I expected, and it's too much for me as a Canadian with exchange rate, taxes and shipping.

He looks so cool though.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:30 AM   #3609
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

After looking at the final production pics I'm still not feeling his design as a CotD character. Feels like it has completely lost it's charm and essence that the Court series has been known for.

It almost reminds me of a monster design that you would find in an old McFarlane PVC figures, like the "Tortured Souls" or something.

I would imagine that this is going to be strictly for the hardcore CotD collector that aims to collect every statue in the series.

Curious to know the edition size since Poxxil is set at 900 and I would assume Odium will be even less.
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:47 AM   #3610
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
After looking at the final production pics I'm still not feeling his design as a CotD character. Feels like it has completely lost it's charm and essence that the Court series has been known for.

It almost reminds me of a monster design that you would find in an old McFarlane PVC figures, like the "Tortured Souls" or something.

He looks like a World of Warcraft character. The statue looks great and all, but the design just isn't doing anything for me.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote