Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Ah New York

If I can make it there I can make it anywhere

https://youtu.be/Op9iQiB_ANI
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:36 PM   #722
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hi, hoping from some advice from those who already own this piece, (I know there's not probably a lot of you) .

For the longest time I really liked this piece, particularly the Ex. I had it on waitlist and it eventually converted. Even after the PVC debacle I was still keen, purely based on how the piece looks and the fact that I really, really wanted a 1/4 doomsday.

I currently have him on payment plan, however recently I've had second thoughts on getting him at all. I can't get my head round the PVC issue and what ultimately seems to be a lack of value for money. Whether related to this or not, the visual appeal the piece once had for me feels like it's wearing off. It does not help that the EX has gone back on order after months on wait list which suggests to me that it is quite an unpopular piece and has most likely had a lot of cancellations. This makes me think that even if I cancel and change my mind later it will likely be available at a discount later down the line. Also doesn't help that today I saw a pic on FB of the Prime 1 and SS pieces together. Even though the P1 is the wrong scale it feels like there is really no comparison in terms of the end product and the work that went in and for just a couple of hundred more.

For those who have the piece, do you honestly feel its in any way worth it - especially now that a month or 2 has gone by since it was released? Your answers would help me make the decision on whether to keep my payment plan or cancel.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:40 PM   #723
Biggunz
Loki

Just call it what it should be really called....

TURDSDAY......LOL

GREEDSHOW really did a jack move here

Going to have to go into pcs 1/3 ninja box of junk

Pretty confident a year and a half from now it won't even sell for half retail.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:44 PM   #724
TD980
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I owned the EX. It’s not worth $1404 I paid for. I would not have ordered it in the first place if I knew the astounding cheap feel and look it has in person. I would really be on the fence if this piece was $404, because I don’t want to give it precious space in my collection. For something that I was truly embarrassed to display and takes a lot of space, I would have to say no in favor of getting better pieces in the future. This is the first time SSC has done two things at once: let me down and fooled me into buying a rubber statue.
TD980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:18 PM   #725
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Has anyone taken a bubble bath with Doomsday? I heard it's an overpriced rubber ducky. Thanks, SSC.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:41 PM   #726
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

It's going to be a matter of whether you think you'll enjoy it enough, and know you'll encounter a loss if you ever sell it.

The rubber issue is a major concern though. If factories don't cure low density PVC correctly it will crack and disintegrate over time - it will chemically react and oxidize as well. You could also have issues with pealing paint if you expose it to light, heat, or extreme cold. If it were a more dense PVC I wouldn't be too concerned about it...but it's seriously rubber.

Just think it over a while longer. Go as far to convince yourself you cancelled to get a gauge on how you feel.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:19 PM   #727
bangooface
Blue Falcon

I’m in the same boat as D-ten. From the vid the coloration looks really dull and I’m guessing it has lot to do with it being pvc instead of polystone. I decided not to get it although statue looks great.
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:23 PM   #728
fsdre
Mephisto

Don’t waste your money!
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:41 AM   #729
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

I can't believe how negative this thread is, I have this piece in hand and couldn't be more impressed. I thought he would be the size of Bane but it is noticeably bigger. He's just a monster of a statue in hand.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:47 AM   #730
M United
The Spirit

If you are on the fence i wouldn't go for it. I made the mistake on my first and only fan art piece while it is ok i should not have bought it.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote