Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Fine.. Surfer it is. He's the first person I thought of, too.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-Vell View Post
The Runner is indeed an Elder of the Universe, AND he has an Infinity Gem.

If you don't want to count all that, then the Silver Surfer is the fastest.
And Makkari beat Runner in a race.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/galacticmarathon.htm
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #13
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Sentry.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

In space, the Surfer...in earth's atmosphere, Captain Marvel, since she can become light...otherwise it's Alpha Flight's Northstar as earth's fastest mutant/human on earth...

Northstar is a mutant who can move and fly at superhuman speed with the potential of reaching near light speeds. He also possesses superhuman stamina, endurance (both essential to maintain super-speed for any length of time), and reflexes. He can channel a portion of the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in his body's molecules in a single direction, accelerating his body to a velocity in direct proportion to the amount of kinetic energy he has tapped. Northstar also has an advanced equilibrium, and exceptional agility, reaction time, and coordination which allows for him to make sharp turns, and run at such speeds without becoming sick. Northstar is also able to punch at great speeds, which grants him the ability to hurt even the Hulk. In an early issue of Alpha Flight Northstar reveals to readers that his sister Aurora has greater endurance and can fly longer, whereas he can fly faster in the same amount of time. Northstar can create cyclones by running in circles, can run up walls and across water, and can breathe while traveling at supersonic speeds. However, if Northstar wanted to travel with someone else at superhuman speeds, they would need a breathing apparatus to keep from asphyxiating.

As a side effect of partially robbing his molecules of their atomic motion, the binding forces within and between the molecules increase which enhances the sheer toughness of Northstar's entire body. This effect gives his skin enough durability to withstand speeds up to at least Mach 10 without injury, but the upper limit of this ability has not been measured. It had once been theorized that Northstar could fly at 99% of the speed of light: 186,282 miles per second (299,792 km/s), although this has never been attempted because he would do irreparable damage to the environment and wreak havoc on the gravitational forces holding our solar system together. While Northstar can withstand Mach 10 speeds, traveling any faster would carry complications with breathing and damage caused by wind and air resistance to his body. When Aurora, his sister, and Northstar are in contact with each other, usually by holding hands, they can also vary the rate of acceleration of his molecules to release a cascade of photons creating a momentary burst of light equal to one million candela which they use to blind their opponents. The only other minor drawback to this ability, other than he and his sister having to be in contact with each other to utilize this gift, is that they are unable to adjust the brilliance of the flash. After being captured by the Children of the Vault in the Supernovas arc of Mike Carey's X-Men, his and Aurora's powers have been enhanced to the point where they can now move at light speed without harm and can generate explosive thermal energy in addition to light.

Northstar is a world-class professional skier, skilled trapeze artist, business man, and an accomplished novelist. A native French speaker, he is also fluent in English. He is a good hand-to-hand combatant using a style utilizing his superhuman speed, and received coaching from his teammate Puck. After his resurrection by the Hand, Northstar has been trained in the martial arts.[volume & issue needed] Northstar also has peak human strength, but has superhuman strength in his legs.

Northstar wears a costume of synthetic stretch fabric made of special materials for protection from friction and other hazards of superhuman speed.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #15
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

The Surfer.

There was an issue of the Surfer, where I think it was Quasar that said he was flying multiple times light speed while holding onto the SS.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #16
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Gladiator. He flies much, much faster than the speed of light in space. I agree that the Silver Surfer is not flying, he's riding on his board. Gladiator is flying.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
rychehitman
Galactus

your devotion makes me giggle!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #18
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
your devotion makes me giggle!
I do what I can...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #19
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Silver Surfer flies at faster than the speed of light. Though he's on his board, he has complete control of his motion. To me, that's flight.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
rychehitman
Galactus

The thing that holds me back from endorsing Surfer is the fact that he cannot fly unaided by the board. While he is in control of the board while riding it...the board itself is flying and he is riding it...although he is willing it to reach the speeds it does....

I don't know...but for arguments sake Joe...take Surfer out of the equation and then who do you have???
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote