Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-25-2021, 06:36 PM   #1351
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
I painted the boots of my Delta Cammy again and will apply varnish once it fully dries. I am ready for it to stand up on display again! I'll take photos when its done (finger's crossed). In comparison on Alpha and Delta, I like the face on both but the head looks different fully covered. Funny enough I measured both bodies and found the Alpha's proportions were just ever so wider at the hips (a fraction of an inch). Maybe that's why it always looked different side by side and in photos. The SFV version would have looked great but I think it works and is iconic. They did thicken her up ala SFV though.

Happy for your purchase.
didnt you paint it black already?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:49 PM   #1352
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
didnt you paint it black already?
I scraped it with sandpaper so I repainted certain parts.

My last time though!
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 04:08 PM   #1353
Shinobu Sensui

So I did my first painting over Cammy's shoe tongues and also to paint over some scuff marks that were on the boot.

I am newer to painting statues but I just wanted to relay my experience in case someone else wanted to give it a shot. Again keep in mind I'm completely new at this.

I used Frog tape and Tamiya tape to cover around the legs, socks, and bridge area (although I didn't end up painting with it on the bridge at all and I also did the bottom part of the boot (the part that holds it into place), so I just took it out.

It looks OK. The paint built up kind of "lumpy" so I added another coat and add some slight varnish as well, which did help. The tongue of the boot is VERY slippery to paint so keep that in mind. The rest of the boot was easy to paint as long as you make sure the paint drives properly in the corners of each section and in the boot ridges on the bottom. I let the paint dry for days and then redid it again so this took me weeks.

Some paint did seep through the tape and got on the sock. It isn't very much, but I'm not sure the best method to wipe/scrape the little that I have off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I need to get some of the "gunk" off of the boot that you see in the photo.

Also my frog tape tore some of the green Camo paint off of Cammy's legs as well. Be careful of that. It pretty much did it in one section and not in other parts on the leg (except one tiny spec on the other leg). I have no idea what to do here either for the green paint. Any suggestions would be appreciated here as well. Though it might be worth it to leave it be.

The end result: I learned something from it but I'd say in the end it was a lot of time and effort for a small issue and I do have more "issues" to clean up now but it's no big deal. It motivated me into making my own sculptures as a hobby, so that's a good thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210903_123030.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	488.4 KB
ID:	142586   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210903_123024.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	418.1 KB
ID:	142587   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210903_123019.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	142588   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210903_123009.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	471.9 KB
ID:	142589   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210903_123006.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	527.7 KB
ID:	142590  

Name:	IMG_20210903_113609.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	597.7 KB
ID:	142591   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210903_113558.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	754.1 KB
ID:	142592   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210903_113550.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	834.5 KB
ID:	142593   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210903_113547.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	876.8 KB
ID:	142594  
Old 09-04-2021, 10:03 PM   #1354
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
So I did my first painting over Cammy's shoe tongues and also to paint over some scuff marks that were on the boot.

I am newer to painting statues but I just wanted to relay my experience in case someone else wanted to give it a shot. Again keep in mind I'm completely new at this.

I used Frog tape and Tamiya tape to cover around the legs, socks, and bridge area (although I didn't end up painting with it on the bridge at all and I also did the bottom part of the boot (the part that holds it into place), so I just took it out.

It looks OK. The paint built up kind of "lumpy" so I added another coat and add some slight varnish as well, which did help. The tongue of the boot is VERY slippery to paint so keep that in mind. The rest of the boot was easy to paint as long as you make sure the paint drives properly in the corners of each section and in the boot ridges on the bottom. I let the paint dry for days and then redid it again so this took me weeks.

Some paint did seep through the tape and got on the sock. It isn't very much, but I'm not sure the best method to wipe/scrape the little that I have off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I need to get some of the "gunk" off of the boot that you see in the photo.

Also my frog tape tore some of the green Camo paint off of Cammy's legs as well. Be careful of that. It pretty much did it in one section and not in other parts on the leg (except one tiny spec on the other leg). I have no idea what to do here either for the green paint. Any suggestions would be appreciated here as well. Though it might be worth it to leave it be.

The end result: I learned something from it but I'd say in the end it was a lot of time and effort for a small issue and I do have more "issues" to clean up now but it's no big deal. It motivated me into making my own sculptures as a hobby, so that's a good thing.
why does the paint take days to dry?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:24 PM   #1355
Shinobu Sensui

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
why does the paint take days to dry?
I read to let acrylic paint wait 10 days. I know most do it sooner but I didn't want to take any risks.
Old 02-13-2022, 04:56 PM   #1356
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Nelly just got her Classic Cammy version. She missed out on the Killerbee version

Dad may have to get the evolution set just to get her but that’s a lot of dough to spend on Nelly. is she worth it? Anyone wanting to let there KB go, let Nelly know

VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 06:31 PM   #1357
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Nelly just got her Classic Cammy version. She missed out on the Killerbee version

Dad may have to get the evolution set just to get her but that?s a lot of dough to spend on Nelly. is she worth it? Anyone wanting to let there KB go, let Nelly know
Nelly should know I have two and willing to let one go. But Nelly also should know shipping might be high as I am in Europe.

vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 06:43 PM   #1358
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Nelly should know I have two and willing to let one go. But Nelly also should know shipping might be high as I am in Europe.

Well maybe better still lol.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 06:48 PM   #1359
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post

You own two?
Saves buying a turntable i guess
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:22 PM   #1360
IronMC

Just got mine

Got my Cammy on Thursday
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cammy1.jpg
Views:	98