Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-16-2021, 02:40 PM   #61
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
The arm stubs look a bit weird. I was thinking if they can't add more of the arm to statue, it might look better to go in the opposite direction by removing the arm stubs so it looks a bit cleaner:
That actually looks a lot better

I'm not getting this but queen would do well to take note
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:02 PM   #62
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I really don’t like high edition sizes on these silicone busts, if you’re going to have a high es lower the price or if you want high price then lower the es, having both is greedy imo (assuming they sold all 888 of these that’s over 3.2million $!).
But most importantly silicone pieces especially require more care and attention with finishing and that goes against having a high es.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:00 PM   #63
TheBishop
Justice League

They could have included one arm that showed him holding his mask or something. Its just weird with his facial expression and with both arms chopped off -He literally looks like he just realized both arms were amputated with that depressed look on his face. It just seems like a lost opportunity…
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:37 PM   #64
xb24
Sinister Six

How much more will the price of the Darkseid bust be if this is their pricing now granted this is silicone.
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:21 AM   #65
Biggunz
Loki

I don't even know who this dude is LOL
Biggunz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:32 AM   #66
Shoo
Hercules

Facebook video:

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:08 AM   #67
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

NOT a spiderman fan, but I loved Tobey as the charactor the best. THIS sculpt is not TOM, way off in so many ways if TRUE fan. ANd the only silicone is the head. Nothing else and yet the price is OVER a $1000 more than peices a year ago that had way more silicone. Queen is getting Greedy. When you compare wonder woman with head, neck and back and full arms almost and that sold for under 3000 grand at the time, plus longer more expensive hair length, Queen over night raised prices a good $800USD with the JOKER bust that is just a head. But the likeness is so off and im not even a fan and see it doesnt look like TOM.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:16 AM   #68
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

It's currently only showing 18 left on the QS website. This will sell out pretty quick by the looks of it.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:27 AM   #69
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
NOT a spiderman fan, but I loved Tobey as the charactor the best. THIS sculpt is not TOM, way off in so many ways if TRUE fan. ANd the only silicone is the head. Nothing else and yet the price is OVER a $1000 more than peices a year ago that had way more silicone. Queen is getting Greedy. When you compare wonder woman with head, neck and back and full arms almost and that sold for under 3000 grand at the time, plus longer more expensive hair length, Queen over night raised prices a good $800USD with the JOKER bust that is just a head. But the likeness is so off and im not even a fan and see it doesnt look like TOM.
So you're saying it's a maybe?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #70
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Great likeness like the base as well, won’t be swapping the original bust out for it though.
What’s the mechanism on the back the base meant to be though? Looks like something should slot in there?
That's where the Iron Spidey suit was housed at the end of Homecoming.
Actually it is not. Per a comment from Queen Studios, "The design on the rear of the base reflects the Q-ship from Avengers: Infinity War."

Here's a video clip from that scene: https://youtu.be/6PRLI5_2G2U?t=119

I do feel that they oversimplified the design/color for that part of the base if they intended to reference the ship.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote