Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-20-2021, 05:07 AM   #21
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I'm not excited for any of the these new MCU movies. So far.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 06:16 AM   #22
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I'm not excited for any of the these new MCU movies. So far.
You just wait for Daredevil, buddy. (:
The Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 12:06 PM   #23
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Possible casting spoiler:

Spoiler
It's being reported that Harry Styles has been cast as Eros/Starfox: https://www.nme.com/news/film/harry-...he-mcu-3073838
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:44 PM   #24
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I saw a longer trailer for this film before Bond. It looks much better than I had expected. If nothing else the visuals looks great.

It really seems to me that these last couple of Marvel films were just testers/fillers while the Fox properties were being dealt with. Mouse House was just keeping a following until releasing the next huge franchises of FF and XMen. If XMen is properly cast and written IMO it could crush Avengers. The issue is it will always be a group film since there really shouldn't be solo XMen films anymore. All I need in my life is 5 good XMen films to die happy.

That being said, I think I will be seeing Eternals in the theatres.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:49 PM   #25
ParisDean

I bought the Eternals Jack Kirby omnibus and collected editions of the last three series. I'm halfway through reading them all and am anticipating the movie more now that I know more about the characters.

Also, director ChloƩ Zhao's previous film, Nomadland, I thought was one of the best of 2020 (admittedly not a huge achievement) so I'm hoping Eternals will be similarly stellar.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:04 PM   #26
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I saw a longer trailer for this film before Bond. It looks much better than I had expected. If nothing else the visuals looks great.

It really seems to me that these last couple of Marvel films were just testers/fillers while the Fox properties were being dealt with. Mouse House was just keeping a following until releasing the next huge franchises of FF and XMen. If XMen is properly cast and written IMO it could crush Avengers. The issue is it will always be a group film since there really shouldn't be solo XMen films anymore. All I need in my life is 5 good XMen films to die happy.

That being said, I think I will be seeing Eternals in the theatres.
1- X-Men 2
2- X-Men: Days of Future Past
3- Logan
4- Deadpool
5- X-Men First Class

Still not dying happy ? I believe Fox was successful with their X-Men films. Ending Fox X-Men after getting in to trouble of casting new young actors and actresses was very absurt.

But i believe Fox X-Men will be added to Marvel Cinematic Universe, now. Seeing Venom: Let There be Carnage. I hope Hugh Jackman will be back as well.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:13 PM   #27
AC_808
Hercules

Man, you guys didn't read Eternals back in the day? You guys missed out. I remember first reading up on the Eternals in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe comics. Ikaris and Sersi were my favorites as well as Gilgamesh.

So stoked that we are finally going to see these characters on the big screen in live action. Never thought this would happen ...and now here it is. So cool!!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:15 PM   #28
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
1- X-Men 2
2- X-Men: Days of Future Past
3- Logan
4- Deadpool
5- X-Men First Class

Still not dying happy ? I believe Fox was successful with their X-Men films. Ending Fox X-Men after getting in to trouble of casting new young actors and actresses was very absurt.

But i believe Fox X-Men will be added to Marvel Cinematic Universe, now. Seeing Venom: Let There be Carnage. I hope Hugh Jackman will be back as well.
I don't rate the X-Men movies that highly. I'm a huge X-Men fan clearly so maybe I'm too critical of the films knowing how much the source material was butchered.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:24 PM   #29
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I don't rate the X-Men movies that highly. I'm a huge X-Men fan clearly so maybe I'm too critical of the films knowing how much the source material was butchered.
I don't know the sourse material very well, but seeing how good the films were, i read Wolverine by Claremont and Miller. It was nice, even if it didn't have a proper end. Then, I bought Claremont omnibuses and started the first one... And... OMG it was one of the worst things i have ever read... horrible... like seriously, how could this thing got this popular ? it was terrible. No adult would like this crap, Marvel should be greatful that they hooked the kids up to the book. It was one of the worst things i have ever read. I left the first omnibus unfinished... I couldn't go on...
Old 10-19-2021, 05:59 PM   #30
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Man, you guys didn't read Eternals back in the day? You guys missed out. I remember first reading up on the Eternals in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe comics. Ikaris and Sersi were my favorites as well as Gilgamesh.

So stoked that we are finally going to see these characters on the big screen in live action. Never thought this would happen ...and now here it is. So cool!!
I did buy the 80s maxi-series and Neil Gaiman's series when they were released, but don't remember much of them if anything. The omnibus omits the conclusion to the Celestials story in Thor 300 which I also did buy on the newsstands and rereading that issue now, I remembered more from that comic than the 80s series. The characters just didn't resonate with me back then like the other Marvel superhero teams. I do remember Sersi and Gilgamesh were Avengers for a short while.