Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-22-2015, 11:49 PM   #11
Jsterling
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I had no idea there was going to be a 2nd run for the bombshell line.
I'm really not sure there is a 2nd edition. I think (and granted I am VERY new so I could be wrong) that what has been assumed as a second edition is really the continuation of the 5200 limited run with some adjustments made in the mean time. I haven't seen two of the same bombshell with the same number, also it seems like the ones with magnetic bases, and other improvments, are higher number which to me suggests that they are all part of the same run and the pieces that were released later, and therefore have a higher number are the ones with improved designs.
Jsterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:06 AM   #12
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsterling View Post
I'm really not sure there is a 2nd edition. I think (and granted I am VERY new so I could be wrong) that what has been assumed as a second edition is really the continuation of the 5200 limited run with some adjustments made in the mean time. I haven't seen two of the same bombshell with the same number, also it seems like the ones with magnetic bases, and other improvments, are higher number which to me suggests that they are all part of the same run and the pieces that were released later, and therefore have a higher number are the ones with improved designs.
On the box, if it's a 2nd run, it would be written on it.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:17 AM   #13
Jsterling
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
On the box, if it's a 2nd run, it would be written on it.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not seen any bombshells that say 2nd run. But there are many that have improvements made, like mine, that are numbered and say that they are a limited numbered edition, not second edition.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:03 AM   #14
Sylara
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Eh, I'm not here to argue or not.

All I can say is sitting in our house right now is a Supergirl Bombshell (which was the first one to come out) that has a removable name plate with the magnet that is item #0189 of 5200.

Take of that whatever you will.
Sylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:33 AM   #15
Jsterling
Doh!

That is very interesting, didn't know yours was such a low number.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #16
buzz gota
Doh!

so what happened to all the ones with the broken nameplates from the first batch.. any chance they were just fixed with the magnets or just and entirely new batch..cuz werent alot of them damaged..or they just throw them out
buzz gota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:57 PM   #17
Vault Boy
Doh!

I'm new to statue collecting as well. This line got me into the hobby, but I started late and didn't get a lot of the earlier releases. While I think the improvements like a magnetic nameplate are great, I'm kind of miffed that part of my collection will have fixed names, and part will have magnetic. My OCD requires them all to be one way or the other.

Perhaps they took the numbers of the broken statues and added them to this second run? I haven't read anything that suggests there will be more than 5200 made.

Does anyone know if they might release more Harley Quinns, like they are with Poison Ivy and Wonder Woman? I'd really like to have her in my collection, but I'm unwilling to pay the ebay markup for her.
Vault Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #18
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
Does anyone know if they might release more Harley Quinns, like they are with Poison Ivy and Wonder Woman? I'd really like to have her in my collection, but I'm unwilling to pay the ebay markup for her.
That's how it is with Harley collectibles. If you want them, you have to order them right away. Otherwise, the secondary market is the only way to get them.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #19
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Question to anyone that has this statue (especially the second edition):

I bought Bombshell Ivy on ebay from a seller who listed her as the second edition/ new condition. The listing said that he opens statues prior to shipping them for damage inspection.

I got her today and the two interlocking vines that form a heart are completely missing. He says that this is the way he received the statue. I want to see if anyone here can confirm that the second edition should indeed have the "heart" vines before I officially request a refund through ebay....
memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #20
dechirico7
The Flash

I don't think these secondary batches are actually different editions or variants, but them finishing off the large 5200 ES. They probably had the bases redesigned with magnets on the later runs due to so many of them breaking in the first batch.

2nd editions seem to be labeled as such on sites. Look at the Harley/Joker Bombshell. The "2nd edition" is labeled as such and has a different color scheme. The same was done with the two different BW Harleys. The new batches of the WW, Supergirl are not labeled as "2nd" editions.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote