Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-15-2022, 03:04 AM   #41
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Same. Plenty of people have been waiting years for an actual Man of Steel sequel. Henry Cavill was incredible as Superman and deserves to continue playing him. I feel bad that they've slighted him with this dumb----ery time and time again.

---- James Gunn
I'm not a fan of Supes in general but Man of Steel is one of my favorite superhero movies, and the best out of the Snyder trilogy IMO. His suit design, the plot, fight scenes, the way he breaks the sound barrier when he's flying. *chef's kiss* Why WB decided not to make a proper sequel is beyond me. "A MOS sequel? Nah. Let's just make a shtty BOP movie where Harley Quinn is main protagonist instead of the actual Birds of Prey." Don't even get me started on the completely asinine character assassination of Cassandra Cain.

Honestly, with the sheer stupidity of some of their decision-making, you have to ask whether or not someone was intentionally sabotaging the DCEU. The only other plausible explanation is that they were just incomprehensibly incompetent. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just throwing darts at a spinning board when deciding what movies to make.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 03:27 AM   #42
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
- Why spend millions in reshoots for the Flash and Aquaman 2? Who's gonna watch these movies now?
It's a good point...unless The Flash film can serve as a window or jumping off point to the next DCU via its multiverse storyline. Not that they'd necessarily need to do that, but it might be a nice way to keep some continuity between the old and new, plus it would give them options if they ever want to involve any of the old crew in future projects.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 05:07 AM   #43
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I think most of these studios (Marvel or D.C.) see the characters and I.P. as a ready made platform to exercise their "talents" and tell the stories they want to tell, using and promoting the genders, races and faces of the people they want to promote.....period.

And it's not just Marvel and D.C. - look at Lord of the Rings (Amazon), Star Wars, Terminator.....the list goes on and on.

And in all of this, the main losers are generally the fan-base, people who have invested themselves financially and emotionally into these settings and characters.

So, what's the take away message? In my opinion, don't invest (at least emotionally) into these franchises. As a consumer, you're putting your happiness and well-being into the hands of strangers who don't care one bit about you, or your opinions. The only way to "enjoy" these entertainment streams is to take a "take it, or leave it" approach.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:55 PM   #44
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think most of these studios (Marvel or D.C.) see the characters and I.P. as a ready made platform to exercise their "talents" and tell the stories they want to tell, using and promoting the genders, races and faces of the people they want to promote.....period.

And it's not just Marvel and D.C. - look at Lord of the Rings (Amazon), Star Wars, Terminator.....the list goes on and on.

And in all of this, the main losers are generally the fan-base, people who have invested themselves financially and emotionally into these settings and characters.

So, what's the take away message? In my opinion, don't invest (at least emotionally) into these franchises. As a consumer, you're putting your happiness and well-being into the hands of strangers who don't care one bit about you, or your opinions. The only way to "enjoy" these entertainment streams is to take a "take it, or leave it" approach.
I couldn't agree more with this assessment. I'll only add that should the latest version of your favorite IP go sour, there are always the stories that originally attracted you to it. In the case of Marvel and DC, there's decades of content to keep you busy.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 12:39 AM   #45
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

Straken-SWE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 11:01 AM   #46
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niek Spruijt
"I'm here to fight for truth and justice." - Superman
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 11:07 AM   #47
T3xAsFi3nd
Fantastic Four

Would've much preferred MOS suit but ill gladly accept the BvS suit.
T3xAsFi3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 01:26 PM   #48
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hmmm...not sure since that's teaser but the mouth looks more like its angry.

Was hoping for maybe a happy version like in the JL promo.
The mouth reminds me of when he's having that conversation with Luthor on top of the building.

Or maybe the conversation with James Gunn.

Edit: Just realized, its got a separate bust, meaning its got an alternate head. Probably the smiling one.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 02:29 PM   #49
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
Or maybe the conversation with James Gunn.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 04:25 PM   #50
Iko Iko
Fantomah

This is a buy for me if they nail it. Been looking for a great blue/red suit Cavill statue.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote