Zot

awesome
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:41 PM   #62
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Now I.A. states this is Large Scale statue. I wanted it in LOC scale, not sure if I would buy in Large scale.

I would think I.A. list this at $1,200, at least. With new taxes this could be $1,400.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Yeah I saw they changed their mind. I'm pretty annoyed.
There were a lot of complaints when it was mentioned that this could be LoC. Poor IA can't really win.

I feel that being a diorama, it shouldn't have been either scale, just make it it's own thing.

I'll be getting this, Devastator (while it's LoC, it is still large) and maybe Galvatron, after that it will only be LoC for me.

I just had my IA shipped to me, it was just over $1k in taxes and shipping. So all up he was a $2.5k statue.... that's ridiculous.

Prime, Rodimus, Magnus all sitting in pile of loot at BBTS waiting to be shipped, that's another $3k in shipping and taxes before I look at buying any new ones.

I just can't keep on this scale as much as I love them, I hope all future characters are either LoC or if Large, also made in LoC.

I know there are a lot of vocal people on Facebook at the moment asking for the larger ones, however I wonder how many of them are actually buying the statues?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #63
craigcliff1
Zot

awesome
Old 08-28-2018, 09:56 PM   #64
Rancorkill
Fantastic Four

I'm buying the large scale but I plan on purchasing a few key characters. I have Soundwave and Optimus, Starscream on PO and plan on purchasing Megatron, Grimlock and Bumblebee.

I collect other lines so that would be my only TFs large scale.
Rancorkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:28 PM   #65
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
I'm buying the large scale but I plan on purchasing a few key characters. I have Soundwave and Optimus, Starscream on PO and plan on purchasing Megatron, Grimlock and Bumblebee.

I collect other lines so that would be my only TFs large scale.
Yeah I guess that the issue for IA.

Some people only want key characters and they'd like them big.

I want all the characters, so would like them small.

Guess they need to work it out so that they keep both fans happy. But I can't imagine after Bumblebee and what's been announced, which characters people would consider key enough for the larger scale?

They haven't even sold out of Large Starscream and he only had an ES of 150.

Even in saying that, the LoC scale isn't small, it's basically 1/4 size.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:19 PM   #66
craigcliff1
Zot

it awesome
Old 08-30-2018, 12:03 AM   #67
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I’d be happy with a large Bumble Bee to go with Prime. For Decepticon’s, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Shockwave, Blitzwing and Astrotrain. Would love an Insecticon diorama. Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge <—- who I never see mentioned.

I’m going to stay out of the size debate. I’d love them all to be large but even I see the space they’re taking up in my house. So I’m no help here.

I wish they had picked a size from the beginning and stuck with it. I can’t see people picking up 2 sizes of the same character if space is an issue. It also seems a waste of time and resources hence the 150es Starscream still not sold out. I’d guess that’s due to most people picking up SS on throne and don’t want/need 2 SS’s in the house.

Anyone know if IA decided what size Arcee’s going to be yet?
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:29 AM   #68
craigcliff1
Zot

No Arcee has no info. I just think that the large scale is just too much for most these days. We just use to just have Bowen, SSC, GG with 500 to 2000 ES, now throw in IS, XM, P1,IA, CC and few more, triple what they now charge for statues, more than triple shipping then throw in those new companies, and huge ES I am surprised that almost any of these statues sell
these days

F4F had to give up the license in 2007 and the market was great then, they stated sales where why they bailed. Collectors now have so little money these days, I use to buy 4 1/2 PF for each $1,000, today I can get 1 1/2.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:37 AM   #69
craigcliff1
Zot

cool
Old 08-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #70
off
The X-Men

I love the big line but my wallet doesn't. I imagine I will end up with a mix of both sizes of my favorite characters.
off is offline   Reply With Quote