Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #371
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yeah, it's beyond frustrating at this point. A Lee Cyke PF was basically the only version of the character that I didn't want.
This is my same feelings about Storm. The Lee version is the only one I don't want.

I REALLY like his Astonishing (Cassaday) suit and the Uncanny X-Men suit with the "X" cowl/visor. I believe that SS thinks people don't read comics anymore and their buyers only want classic looks unless it's Thor or IronMan.

Let me tell you, SS. It's not true. We like a modern look to our X-Men and X-Ladies too.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:06 PM   #372
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post

These three look like swingers

Something is going down tonight
Have you read the new series or House/Powers? In the new X-Men #1, Hickman hints even farther at that. I think it's great since there was also some panels of Emma and Scott making eyes at each other.

I LOVED the House of X/Power of X series. House of X more. I look forward to what's to come.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:14 PM   #373
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
On another note, what if we all missed it, and the reason why the ground is burned is because a Pyro PF is coming ?
I mentioned this before, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
The ground is hot, Cyclops generates no heat so it could never be his blast anyway. It doesn’t bother me too much but I agree with y’all it’s just a little weird. Or more so, random. Unless they’re making a Pyro PF. That might also explain why Emma’s doorway is melted/shows heat effects.
But also the fact it’s not just that the ground is burnt, it’s been carved out. Pyro can (or could? I prefer the classic villain Pyro who died over the newer X-Man Pyro, not sure if he made the HoX/PoX resurrection list) make pretty large fire constructs but I don’t see him pulverizing rocks. Then again this is too much logic for this setting.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the burn isn’t related to anything and they put it in there so the base wouldn’t just be plain snow-on-rocks.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:33 PM   #374
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Have you read the new series or House/Powers? In the new X-Men #1, Hickman hints even farther at that. I think it's great since there was also some panels of Emma and Scott making eyes at each other.

I LOVED the House of X/Power of X series. House of X more. I look forward to what's to come.
The Red Diamond hinted at it, too. #5, the best at what at what he does, classic Wolverine phrase. Married with a kid, that’s Jean, who now has teen Cable living with her and calling her mom in X-Men #1, picking up on the little used fact that Jean and Cyclops were time displaced and raised him in their limited series years ago.

The husband knows exactly what’s going on... peep the floor plan of the Summer House in X-Men #1. Apparently the 3 are the only ones who have open doors between their bedrooms. Also the fact Wolverine is the only non-Summers bloodline member of the household. And that Wolverine and Jean’s rooms have been switched.

So it seems Cyclops and Wolverine are openly ping ponging Jean now and all are ok with the arrangement.

Main question is “up to much the same, and more”. What else is Cyclops doing? Or who? There was a line about his brother Vulcan brining a lot of particular company from the mainland to the Summer House...this is Hickman, there are no throw away lines. Maybe all of that company isn’t just for Vulcan himself? I’m pretty sure for Cyclops it ain’t just Emma since it says he’s up to much the same and more. The dialogue with Polaris was interesting, too. And then there’s Nightcrawler's 3rd rule for Krakoan society:

Hickman’s got some wild ideas going on. Some of this borders on fan fic type content but it’s happening lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:54 PM   #375
SONICobra
Batman

i cant stop thinking about how rad an astonishing cyclops on sentinel themed base would have been... sadness
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #376
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This doesn’t look like a $580 statue. Should had been $525 at best.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #377
chronos1919
Nightwing

Asked SS and they confirmed no exclusive version. Also said that there will be more exclusive versions of statues, just not this one.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:42 PM   #378
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Asked SS and they confirmed no exclusive version. Also said that there will be more exclusive versions of statues, just not this one.
Personally I hope they do away with it . I just refuse to pay a high price for a Reg.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #379
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav View Post
They do no Ex once in a while to throw retailers a bone. Longtime collectors will recognize the trend.
When have they released a Premium Format with no exclusive?
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:47 PM   #380
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Personally I hope they do away with it . I just refuse to pay the same price for a Reg.
They do charge a bit more for the EX version now.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote