Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-28-2016, 05:02 AM   #531
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
Thanks, so My question was what is This Essex Corp?
Nathaniel Essex is Mister Sinister.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #532
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Although it was Apocalype who gave Essex the powers to be Mr Sinister. Will be interesting to see how they swing it.

I enjoyed the background on Apocalypse and how the Egyptians (I assume that's who they were) worked to get rid of the false god. I also enjoyed the background of some of the Xmen.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:35 AM   #533
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Seen the movie last night. I could see why some people don't like it, but for me it's my 2nd favorite film next to X2. Absolutely loved it. Loved the end how Apacalypse was taking on so many different people at once.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #534
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Now comes the cast speculation for Mr. sinister and X-23. Any suggestions?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #535
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Now comes the cast speculation for Mr. sinister and X-23. Any suggestions?
Apparently people online have been saying Cranston wanted to be Mr.Sinister pretty badly.
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:23 PM   #536
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I give it a 6.5/10 which is more generous than one person who went with me, and about the same as the other. Conceptually I think it was a great idea but a mediocre execution. I thought the first half was stronger than the second, although it would have been cool to have seen the original horsemen on horses during the opening procession. I liked the new cast for the most part, Jean and Scott were good. While I'm not a fan of the mohawk look for Storm it worked for this movie, but would like the regular hair in subsequent installments. The actor playing Nightcrawler was good, but taller than I was expecting. Angel/Archangel and Psylocke are two of my favorite X-Men, so I was happy to see them both in it but they had pretty underwhelming arcs. I think Munn had maybe 5 lines and there was no backstory on Angel, so not even sure he was billionaire WWIII. Still I would like to see them both back for a next installment (provided Angel isn't a goner) because they're visually appealing characters and could still do a hero turn. Apocalypse was good and Isaac did a great job, but the height was distracting. Quicksilver scene was cool it was probably 25% longer than necessary. To me Jennifer Lawrence was the low point of the flick. Lawrence phoned in the performance and every time she went into Mystique mode the makeup was cringe-inducing because it has gotten worse over the years, when compared to Rebecca Romijn. As for Wolverine, I don't know why they didn't just go with the full VR visor and just have him tear it off once he got out. The half visor was kind of laughable.
I put it well below Civil War and about on the same level as BvS. The movie could have certainly been better IMO, but I'll still pick it up on digital. Don't know what's going to happen to the franchise in the future. I'd like to see a new director take over, but that's Fox's call. I'm just happy to see halfway decent X-Men movies being made.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:54 PM   #537
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Although it was Apocalype who gave Essex the powers to be Mr Sinister. Will be interesting to see how they swing it.

I enjoyed the background on Apocalypse and how the Egyptians (I assume that's who they were) worked to get rid of the false god. I also enjoyed the background of some of the Xmen.
Thanks for the info
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:46 AM   #538
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post

That opening act was indeed a pleasant surprise. It was a great ride, and one of the better XMen films, but ultimately trying to stay true to its roots while evolving to MCU fans tastes hurt the film. Some of the action and SfX were laughable and looked as though they belonged in X2.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:57 PM   #539
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy_marsh View Post
Apparently people online have been saying Cranston wanted to be Mr.Sinister pretty badly.
I vote for Summer Glau as X23. She's currently 34 so I don't if she's too old to play the character.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:31 PM   #540
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I give it a 6.5/10 which is more generous than one person who went with me, and about the same as the other. Conceptually I think it was a great idea but a mediocre execution. I thought the first half was stronger than the second, although it would have been cool to have seen the original horsemen on horses during the opening procession. I liked the new cast for the most part, Jean and Scott were good. While I'm not a fan of the mohawk look for Storm it worked for this movie, but would like the regular hair in subsequent installments. The actor playing Nightcrawler was good, but taller than I was expecting. Angel/Archangel and Psylocke are two of my favorite X-Men, so I was happy to see them both in it but they had pretty underwhelming arcs. I think Munn had maybe 5 lines and there was no backstory on Angel, so not even sure he was billionaire WWIII. Still I would like to see them both back for a next installment (provided Angel isn't a goner) because they're visually appealing characters and could still do a hero turn. Apocalypse was good and Isaac did a great job, but the height was distracting. Quicksilver scene was cool it was probably 25% longer than necessary. To me Jennifer Lawrence was the low point of the flick. Lawrence phoned in the performance and every time she went into Mystique mode the makeup was cringe-inducing because it has gotten worse over the years, when compared to Rebecca Romijn. As for Wolverine, I don't know why they didn't just go with the full VR visor and just have him tear it off once he got out. The half visor was kind of laughable.
I put it well below Civil War and about on the same level as BvS. The movie could have certainly been better IMO, but I'll still pick it up on digital. Don't know what's going to happen to the franchise in the future. I'd like to see a new director take over, but that's Fox's call. I'm just happy to see halfway decent X-Men movies being made.
Pretty close to how I saw it. I would add a couple of notes.
- Storm was African! Big improvement
- Apoc appeared to be wearing makeup, couldn't get over it.
- Fassbender's emotional scenes were the weakest of the 3 movies. Could have been more powerful, I blame directing because Fassbender is a Saint in my eyes.
- CGI just seemed dated, not sure why. Maybe Marvel Studios is ruining things for Fox.
- Why can't they make Scot out to be a natural born leader like Cap? That is what sets him apart.
- I think they are setting things up for doing the Phoenix Saga true justice, (hopefully)
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote