Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 11-25-2014, 05:07 AM   #201
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
See when they say things like this...it breaks my heart. More patience? I am so disappointed at Bowen Designs and Randy Bowen. They've kept us in the dark for way too long.
I agree, and they'll likely pay a heavy price for their lack of vision should they continue with Marvel. Given the prices on the most recent run of BD offerings and increased competition from other companies many collectors just needed a little push to move on.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:28 PM   #202
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
I so miss this company. It's products go so well together. You could count on picking up C and D characters ever so often. I know there are a lot of hardcore 1/4 scale collectors out there but 1/6th was great for me. What I really liked is that you could put a diorama together (like hellboy said) and it would make an incredible show area. I have an avengers display, xmen display, xmen enemy display, and spiderman against his enemies. These multi displays are really hard to beat in terms of just classic comic action eye appeal. Here's to Randy getting the ball rolling again. I will always be a fan.
I really don't collect the Bowen scale anymore, but I really do miss seeing the new pieces. I would be very upset if I focused on a Bowen-based collection and was in the dark regarding future releases.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #203
Movieman
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Honestly I don't see how the silence can be anything but bad news for the Marvel fans. In the world of today I would assume a company would want to let it's faithfull fanbase know as soon as a new contract was negotiated and signed. Even if Randy wanted to take some time off for himself it would be very counterproductive to stay silent for this long. It just doesn't make sense. I honestly hope Bowen Designs will move on to something else. I love Bowen Designs scale and quality control and if they were to move that to something else I would be happy. I would honestly love if Randy decided to start making his own licensed fictional characters. They could even put a back story to a particular character on the box like they do with the Marvel mini busts. It could be really cool.
Movieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #204
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
Honestly I don't see how the silence can be anything but bad news for the Marvel fans. In the world of today I would assume a company would want to let it's faithfull fanbase know as soon as a new contract was negotiated and signed. Even if Randy wanted to take some time off for himself it would be very counterproductive to stay silent for this long. It just doesn't make sense. I honestly hope Bowen Designs will move on to something else. I love Bowen Designs scale and quality control and if they were to move that to something else I would be happy. I would honestly love if Randy decided to start making his own licensed fictional characters. They could even put a back story to a particular character on the box like they do with the Marvel mini busts. It could be really cool.
I wouldn't blame Bowen. They have to keep hush hush on these projects. Not really sure why, but it seems that the licenses don't like it when anything is revealed early. There is just so much competition now. You have Koto, Proto, Sideshow, XM, GG all doing the Marvel license now. The Bowen busts definitely did better than the GG ones. But I think they have a lot of competition with the 1/6th scale items that Koto and Proto are doing.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #205
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Has anybody read the Wiki page to were it states though there's no official statement by BD themselves. That a 'Phase IV' license has been granted. However I know it's just hear'say on Wiki pages.
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #206
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Randy, please get the Marvel License quickly and release the Iron Man Thor Buster Statue. It will do Bowen Design a lot of good.

One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:10 AM   #207
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
Has anybody read the Wiki page to were it states though there's no official statement by BD themselves. That a 'Phase IV' license has been granted. However I know it's just hear'say on Wiki pages.
I'm pretty sure it's Phase 6 (VI) that's being negotiated on. We're way past Phase 4 (IV).
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:13 AM   #208
crankyjammies
I am da law!

From the sneaks, I want the Nightcrawler, Battle Armored Thor, Sif, Spiral, and maybe their Brown Wolverine. Because it'd be hard to top Koto's, which I already have on pre-order.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #209
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

with Disney taking over Marvel, I feel negotiations are taking longer than before. Many folks love the 1/4" scale stuff but a large amount of us still enjoy pieces that are very well done and fit in a normal cabinet.
I only hope that everything gets worked out and we can see some more stuff coming our way in 2015
Old 12-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #210
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Talking

Thanks for the correction buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
I'm pretty sure it's Phase 6 (VI) that's being negotiated on. We're way past Phase 4 (IV).
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote