Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #11
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
yes, and i was saying how i always felt ME would be a perfect game for it since you always are stuck with a couple fairly useless AI people running around getting in the way
Lift and Throw were brutal together, at least.

.. or Lift with Warp Ammo/etc, as the Ammo's secondary ability ramped up the damage from Lift.

One AI had either Lift/Throw, and you had the other... total bad-@ssery.

Though if my teammates died, I didn't revive them unless I absolutely needed something else for the enemy to shoot at. Loved the storyline, loved how the powers/abilities could work together, but yeah.. I was a one-man/woman army.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
MrYac
Hercules

it's not that they weren't useful, it's just that i hated having to tell them HOW to be useful, so having somebody alive on the other end seemed like a great idea to me
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:30 AM   #13
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
it's not that they weren't useful, it's just that i hated having to tell them HOW to be useful, so having somebody alive on the other end seemed like a great idea to me
I usually had their powers/abilities "off" so they wouldn't use them on their own/without my activating them manually.... but they put them to good use if you kept their powers on, also...

Though they didn't always wait for the most opportune time.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:36 AM   #14
Luminous
Cyclops

Co-op is being developed by another BioWare branch in tandem with the main development team. The co-op missions will be stand-alone missions that will be separate from the main campaign. I believe it is up to four player co-op, and all of the playable characters will be different from the ones in the main story. The events covered in multiplayer will coincide with the main campaign, and the results from multiplayer will have an effect on what happens in single player. It has been stressed however, that you can still reach 100% completion in single player without ever touching multiplayer.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #15
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Saw a vid of some play mechanics; I gotta say.. it's still stream-lined, but they brought back elements of the first.. more weapon alteration.

I loved how in-depth the inventory was in the first game, but I didn't mind the second game, either...

Man.. I loved my Revenant.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #16
Luminous
Cyclops

The inventory customization and variety was nice in the first game, however inventory management was horrible. The simplicity of the second game was certainly welcome after playing the first, but now it needs more variety and customization.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #17
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
The inventory customization and variety was nice in the first game, however inventory management was horrible. The simplicity of the second game was certainly welcome after playing the first, but now it needs more variety and customization.
The second game was brilliant; I know it got a lot of "hate", but they streamlined it just enough.. and then piled on purchaseable items/weapons/etc from stores.. so you could choose to upgrade like a Momo, or not.

I like how they made it so you could choose to either focus on yourself or your entire team with your purchases (or both, but damn.. expensive).
Old 12-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #18
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition; they're saying a March release, and they usually hold true to their release dates.. which is why they pushed it back from December.

Collector's Edition is only about $20 more, and comes with extra weapons, a new "companion" on your ship (not spoiling it), alternate outfits for you and your crew that aren't included in the game (at least initially), and a ton of other stuff.

March 23rd is my 37th birthday. Already have a ski trip planned with some friends, but ME 3 released the same month? Win/win!

I never buy "Collector's Edition" games, but ME has been an awesome ride. Probably buying the Art of Mass Effect (all three games, released in February), also. Only have a few of those "Art of" books, but none have disappointed.

ME's been a great ride, and has really been the only game series (besides Diablo) that I do backflips for in regards to their next release (and Diablo 3 comes out next year.. eek! ); can't wait.

I'm 37 next year, though... I guess you're never too old for this sh!t. One of my bro-in-laws (the one that introduced me to Statue Forum, actually) does work for EA outside of his primary game company, so.. I'll never escape them entirely, since we talk about 'em when we meet up for holidays.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #19
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I agree totally; I think they're trying to incorporate elements of both games' inventory systems, without making going into your inventory something you'll dread doing.

ME 2's inventory system (gun rack) was fantastic, and it worked well.. but yeah.. the first ME had so much micromanaging (practically).. I didn't hate it, but I definitely didn't miss it in ME 2, either.

Both games were different beasts entirely, it felt like.. and I loved 'em both. No doubt the third game will deviate from the first two in game mechanics, while keeping mainstays like the conversation wheel/cover system/etc in play.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Buyin' The Art of The Mass Effect Universe hardcover next month (same company that does all of the movie and game "Art of" books).

It covers the entire trilogy... can't wait.
I guess there was a book released in '07 that covered the first game, but... I wasn't "into" these "Art of" books yet.