Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 10-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #1
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

went to nycc.couple dealers upset at bowen

they feel rockys vault shouldn't be happening.they say just what did sold out really mean.she is under cutting there resale prices.its interesting stuff.I know a lot of dealers and I feel for them.cant say she is helping the price of my statues either,but I cant say she has no rite to do it.
genesimmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
Sithlord32
New Republic

Flippers crying about flippers...ingenious.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #3
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEYE View Post
YUP!
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:48 AM   #5
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

As someone new to this stuff still, can only of you fill me in on what this "vault" is that you are talking about and what the controversy is?
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #6
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

"Rocky's Vault" is a website created by Randy (managed by his wife) where Bowen Designs overstock is sold for a fraction of the retail cost. They are adding new products every week and many of these are signed (when advertised) and have low edition numbers. The website also offers auctions for rare and sought out pieces. If I am not mistaking, anybody can set up an auction (ebay style).

The website has a lot of great deals. In most cases, you will not find them cheaper anywhere else. You have to be on the lookout so you don't miss an opportunity though. Some pieces sell quick. Now, if you live outside the U.S., you are out of luck. They do not service buyers overseas. The way around it, is to have a friend to complete the purchase and then ship it to you afterwards. I've seen people doing that.

Here is the link to the website:

https://www.rockysvault.com/?shopp_page=shop
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

It's my understanding the Bowens "buy" from Bowen Designs (typically low numbers and APs) for their "personal" use. I'm sure they buy them at cost. I think the intent was to give them to friends or people in the industry. Now it seems those that weren't given away are now being sold. Some of the rarer ones are being sold at auction and the others are being sold on Rocky's Vault. I picked up a Hobgoblin AP for $204 Shipped and have purchased close to $2500 for people outside the US. There seems to be a big following of Bowen Designs statues in Asia as so far most of what I have picked up has gone to Singapore and Malaysia with one shipped to Australia.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #8
risingstar
Jedi Order

While the optics don't look particularly good on this kind of practice, it's not like it's going to change regardless of what people think. Better to simply move on and concentrate on other things in life.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #9
gomur
The Tick

Whenever the next phase for Bowen Designs begins, I expect the Vault to take a backseat and this issue with dealers to resolve. So let's hope an announcement occurs sooner than later.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:45 PM   #10
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
It's my understanding the Bowens "buy" from Bowen Designs (typically low numbers and APs) for their "personal" use. I'm sure they buy them at cost. I think the intent was to give them to friends or people in the industry. Now it seems those that weren't given away are now being sold. Some of the rarer ones are being sold at auction and the others are being sold on Rocky's Vault. I picked up a Hobgoblin AP for $204 Shipped and have purchased close to $2500 for people outside the US. There seems to be a big following of Bowen Designs statues in Asia as so far most of what I have picked up has gone to Singapore and Malaysia with one shipped to Australia.

Really no different than a concert promoter holding back the best seats in the house for a premium. That practice has been going on for years and is not going away anytime soon.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote