Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 11-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #51
qz33
Doctor Doom

So does anyone know their rhythm on sales? Did they have one last year for Thanksgiving? Think they will do anything else before or right after Christmas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
Not sure if they are raising the prices before the sale or not, but I do know for sure that they increment the price of an item as more are sold. For example, Quicksilver was listed at 150, once the first one sold, it went to 165 (which I bought w/10%).

So, I think some of it may look like bumping prior to a sale, but I don't think they are intentionally doing that (at least I hope). I do know they removed all existing sales on items. So, some of those previous sales were better than the 10% so... yeah. Anyway, they've been a good source of bargain basement pricing on most items. So, I'm not going to complain about a few nickle and dime infractions.
No there were several pieces I have been watching nearly daily when I have a break at work.
Some prices went up right before the sale. They took a bunch down too. Wish they would put some back up.
Again Madelyne Pryor had stock left and went from $140 to $160 the night before the sale was announced. Still could be worse.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #52
Khufu
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Wish they would put some back up.
Yeah me too! I still can't figure out their pricing, adding/removing statues, sale then not on sale, price fluctuations, etc.... LOL its kind of like "what do I feel like changing today". I mean I noticed a statue that went up in price after the event ended (assuming stock sold and remaining pieces increased?).

But, yeah there are things I want to buy now that were up and now are gone. I know I could just call, but I still like browsing and finding that shopping cart combo that works for my wallet and my sanity lol....

Also, prior to this year everything through Rocky's Vault was 2-3 times a year with random auctions - it was brutal and cutthroat, but fun as hell. I have to imagine they'll do some kind of Black Friday thing this year now that Rocky's Vault has a "storefront".
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #53
koten
Loki

Gosh, there's a bunch of things on the vault I want to buy right now but can't due to being in Canada. Seriously having Bowen withdrawal right now...
koten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:15 AM   #54
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

They have two of the four busts I want for really good prices, one for an ok price, and one for an insane price. With the shipping I just can't do it ($40 for two small busts, what the heck?) If I were to get all 4 I want it'd be over $450 with shipping. That's nuts and disappointing.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #55
Zodach
The Herculoids

Yeah, they charged me $18 for shipping a tiny Wolverine bust one time by UPS Ground. They could have shipped it for about 1/3 that price by Priority Mail. I really have no idea how they come up with their rates because I've had 2 statues shipped for the same price as that one bust.
Zodach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:38 PM   #56
Khufu
Mephisto

FYI... I've talked to the Vault/Bowen on the phone regarding shipping before. The Vault calculates shipping completely fubar, and that's why its reassessed and correctly applied on the actual invoice (usually cheaper than in the shopping cart). They do their best to combine orders. I even have them combine two orders I made on back to back days into a single package and save me shipping - WITHOUT me even calling or asking. They also only use UPS - period.

So, when you buy something like small MB that could be shipped USPS Priority or like 5 bucks, its going to cost you $15 or so with UPS. The rule of thumb I use is to order multiples or try not to order just single items. I know that sucks, but man you can really save on shipping that way. I recently ordered Warpath FS, Toad MB, Avalanche MB, and Shaman MB. The final total shipping was $21... It was like close to $50 or so in the cart.

If you play the system, you can get good shipping. Sometimes its unavoidable and inconvenient. For example, if I would have order just Warpath FS, I still would have paid like $18 shipping... That's pretty much the base rate when shipping UPS with Signature for parcel items.

My two cents from my experience. They do try to save and work with us from a shipping perspective. If you're planning a big order and worried about the shopping carts huge shipping cost, you can call the gals their and they can give you a better idea. They truly don't know the exact number until everything is pull from fulfillment, packaged and weighed though just FYI....
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:10 AM   #57
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
FYI... I've talked to the Vault/Bowen on the phone regarding shipping before. The Vault calculates shipping completely fubar, and that's why its reassessed and correctly applied on the actual invoice (usually cheaper than in the shopping cart). They do their best to combine orders. I even have them combine two orders I made on back to back days into a single package and save me shipping - WITHOUT me even calling or asking. They also only use UPS - period.

So, when you buy something like small MB that could be shipped USPS Priority or like 5 bucks, its going to cost you $15 or so with UPS. The rule of thumb I use is to order multiples or try not to order just single items. I know that sucks, but man you can really save on shipping that way. I recently ordered Warpath FS, Toad MB, Avalanche MB, and Shaman MB. The final total shipping was $21... It was like close to $50 or so in the cart.

If you play the system, you can get good shipping. Sometimes its unavoidable and inconvenient. For example, if I would have order just Warpath FS, I still would have paid like $18 shipping... That's pretty much the base rate when shipping UPS with Signature for parcel items.

My two cents from my experience. They do try to save and work with us from a shipping perspective. If you're planning a big order and worried about the shopping carts huge shipping cost, you can call the gals their and they can give you a better idea. They truly don't know the exact number until everything is pull from fulfillment, packaged and weighed though just FYI....
That's awesome to know, I was unaware they'd recalculate anything after a purchase at all. Thanks for sharing that!
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #58
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I found it funny that the last 2 boxes I've received statues in, one was labeled "Christmas stuff" and one was labeled "Plant stuff".
Old 01-23-2015, 12:54 PM   #59
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I found it funny that the last 2 boxes I've received statues in, one was labeled "Christmas stuff" and one was labeled "Plant stuff".
Funny you should say that... mine was labeled "Adult stuff"

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #60
1logan
Statue Forum MacDaddy

ew.
1logan is offline   Reply With Quote