Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #221
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
This piece was not really pushed back due to fixes that needed to be done, it just was an item that is estimated to be done a little further out in production then the Alien Warrior LSB and that's why it's release for Pre-Order is happening after the Alien Warrior LSB.

The dome on the Big Chap should not have the round blemishes as seen at SDCC in the final production pieces.

Thank you for that, good to hear there are no production problems, delays are fine by me if they are to deliver the best product possible So any idea when the pre order may be up?

Many thanks.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #222
Atheris
The Maxx

Everything is "I don't know"

Why is this called the ask SS thread??

I mean this in the nicest possible way

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #223
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Everything is "I don't know"

Why is this called the ask SS thread??

I mean this in the nicest possible way

Chris
Please remember at the very beginning of this thread I did say that there are certain questions that may never get answers....those include:

Exact Pre-Order dates of an item
If a particular item is being made
If Sideshow is getting a particular license

This doesn't mean people can't ask the questions above but it will be VERY rare that they can be answered.

Have a question about an already released/announced product? Ask away! If I have additional details that I'm allowed to share then I will do so.

Have a question about the website? Ask away!

Have a question about an event? Ask away!

I believe I've answered many other types of questions but almost all questions about products/licenses that we haven't announced have not gotten a yes or no type answer and would most likely not.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #224
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Hi Alex, always a pleasure.

Any details you can share on the Superman Premium Format comic version?

It's been very quiet on that piece since preorder.

Details like....

How is production coming along? Can you share any production pics?

Did the controversy (moderate displeasure) regarding the EX eyes reach the 'Top people'?

If so, what were the feelings on the backlash?

Thanks Alex
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #225
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

Have a question about an event? Ask away!
Any plans for a Black Friday event this year ?
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #226
johnny272
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post

Details like....

Did the controversy (moderate displeasure) regarding the EX eyes reach the 'Top people'?

Thanks Alex
What he said and do you know i batman will be shipping in december?

Thanks johnny
johnny272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #227
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Pricing

Good day Alex,

I was wondering why SS seem to think that raising their prices every 3 - 6 months is acceptable. I have seen prices increase nearly double in less than 5 years. Please give a real reason and not some cookie cutter BS about production costs and so on. SS has continued to raise their prices at a near exponential rate along with their addition sizes without regard for their customer base. I have been a buyer for the government and private sector for the better part of two decades and I have seen all sorts of price increase based upon supply and demand. SS price increases are irrational when compared to the myriad of commodities I have purchased. To include petroleum products, precious metals and other commodities whose pricing swing like that of an uncontrollable child at the plate. Thank you and Happy Holidays!!

John M.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #228
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
Good day Alex,

I was wondering why SS seem to think that raising their prices every 3 - 6 months is acceptable. I have seen prices increase nearly double in less than 5 years. Please give a real reason and not some cookie cutter BS about production costs and so on. SS has continued to raise their prices at a near exponential rate along with their addition sizes without regard for their customer base. I have been a buyer for the government and private sector for the better part of two decades and I have seen all sorts of price increase based upon supply and demand. SS price increases are irrational when compared to the myriad of commodities I have purchased. To include petroleum products, precious metals and other commodities whose pricing swing like that of an uncontrollable child at the plate. Thank you and Happy Holidays!!

John M.
GOOD ONE !
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #229
Punchy
Fantastic Four

The Halo Master Chief PF is still listed as a November release on your website. Is that accurate? He has yet to show up in the "coming soon" section of the newsletter. Thanks!
Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #230
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post

Details like....

Thanks Alex
Since I'm not on the production team I do not have first hand knowledge of how actual production is going on this piece aside from that it is in production. The reaction to the Exclusive portrait of the piece was indeed seen/heard. Though there are no plans to change it the exclusive portrait at this time that doesn't mean there still couldn't be changes. If (big IF) there should be changes we will let that be known before the item ships.

That all said, having actually seen the Exclusive portrait in person I personally didn't find it to look strange at all and actually was a good interpretation of 'fire/laser' eyes of Superman in a product form. But I know that is just my opinion and for others it is not their cup of tea. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Any plans for a Black Friday event this year ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny272 View Post
What he said and do you know i batman will be shipping in december?

Thanks johnny
As of today the Batman Premium Format Figure is still estimated to ship sometime in December (I believe near the tail end of the month)

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
Good day Alex,

John M.
I believe I answered a similar question like this previously (it may have been in this thread or another). Unfortunately I really am not privy to exact costs (aka: how much each product costs to make with an exact breakdown) that go into each product (which will of course account for the final cost of an item).

I do know that the wages paid to workers in many different countries have risen and continue to rise (including China), I know that the cost for products made with petroleum have risen higher and higher over the years, I know the price to get items shipped out has risen due in part to the rise of gas prices (this includes getting the products from their manufacturing source to their final shipping source), I know that products include licensing fees, actual production cost fees, a cost for marketing, a cost to actually create the prototype and so on. These reasons (and I'm sure I'm missing some more) are just some that account for the final retail cost of an item and why prices have risen over the years.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote