Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #1
Forps is back
Blue Falcon

Sideshow and LSB/Statues. Why Sideshow needs "statement" pieces?

So, Sideshow is indeed on a roll. She is handling Ls, left and right. She rose from her ashes and is again producing the BEST sculpts at the best prices suffocating competition.

So apart from her 1/4 line or her new 1/3 line (Forps advice is 3 or top 4 pieces/year in order to let collectors "breathe" between each 1/3 release...Ohhh and please imposing, tall sculpts but with minimal bases, to keep footprint under control), why should Sideshow make a return in the Life Size Bust line and also keep the Life size Statue/Figure line along possibly with some "statement" pieces?

Life Size Busts along with Life Size Figures (meaning statues) are the epitome of STATUS symbol pieces. These pieces create BUZZ and HYPE.

Especially in this hobby where the majority of collectors, influencers and Tubers are casual Joes who correlate SIZE to ARTISTIC VALUE. I've explained it numerous times why, you can read the reasons why this happens in other posts of mine.

So, Sideshow should REVAMP her LSB line and keep producing LifeSizeF.

A good idea also is to create let's say 1 or 2 NON-SCALE "statement" pieces per year the likes of the Cave Troll of Moria diorama or the Optimus Prime diorama by Prime1. BIG. GINORMOUS pieces. To "amaze" average Joes and create buzz and hype. Obviously, Sideshow is going to lose money on these 1-2 "statement" pieces but her aim should be to simply ELEVATE her in the "eyes" of average Joes. To not be assumed to be something like Ford or GM.

So the following need to take place.

1) 1 or 2 (at most) non-scale statement pieces/year. Huge dioramas, ginormous action scenes. Loss-making but buzz-creating.

2) 2 or 3 new Life Size Busts/year. LSBs are not going to lose money for Sideshow as long as she NUMBERS them like she did in the past. She stopped to do it with the new Star Wars LSBs and the new Marvel/DC LSBs and this hurt its sales (they are all "Limited Editions"). They must either have a set ES or a TBD ES (meaning to have a set ES 2-3 months after PO).

LSBs should be ONLY sculpted by Ryan Peterson. If Andy Bergholtz returns, then he can also produce some. Till then, ONLY Peterson please. His LSBs are artsy and different.

A new Lobo LSB with Peterson giving him a Peterson's smirk and a cigar is going to sell like hot cakes. A new Thanos LSB (modern-style, the likes of Thanos on Throne) is also going to sell and create buzz. Hint. They must be BIG and IMPOSING in height. The bigger the LSB, the BETTER.

3) LifeSizeFigures. Continue producing them, maybe in small runs and bring back some old ones. Forps needs that K2S0 he missed, dam..it lol

Sideshow is the best and her sculpts are night and day compared to competition.

But she DESPERATELY needs STATUS pieces, STATEMENT pieces to create buzz and hype amongst average Joes, Tubers, casuals cause for them SIZE = ARTISTIC VALUE.

Revamp your LSB line, keep producing small runs of LifeSizeFigures and put up 1 or 2 non-scale GINORMOUS (and loss-making) statement pieces/year.

If you are afraid of the amount of money to be possibly lost, then put up only 1 statement piece per year and only 2 new LSBs/year.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM   #2
Mister H
Youngblood

Anyone else reading Forps posts in Farley's voice?

Maybe I don't have an "eye" for art!....

Maybe I'm not as "artsy" as Sideshowww!"
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #3
qz33
Doctor Doom

Then good sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Anyone else reading Forps posts in Farley's voice?

Maybe I don't have an "eye" for art!....

Maybe I'm not as "artsy" as Sideshowww!"
Crom errr I mean Forps will laugh at you and cast you out of Valhalla!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM   #4
Forps is back
Blue Falcon

qz33, if Sideshow gives us 2/3 new LSBs per year, i am going to even buy LBS Thor, Captain America and Iron Man, you know the Bowen-looking 1/3. Yes, i am so desperate for new Sideshow LSBs.

Give Forps LSBs. LSBs are Forps' cryptonite.
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM   #5
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Then good sir...

Crom errr I mean Forps will laugh at you and cast you out of Valhalla!

"My god is stronger. He is the everlasting sky! Forps lives underneath him."

Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #6
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
"My god is stronger. He is the everlasting sky! Forps lives underneath him."

I dunno man Forps seems to have gone interstellar or at least interplanetary...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Its talent. And noone can fool Forps regarding art talent. I can "smell" talent drinking a coffee in Mars and checking a guy painting in Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
qz33, if Sideshow gives us 2/3 new LSBs per year, i am going to even buy LBS Thor, Captain America and Iron Man, you know the Bowen-looking 1/3. Yes, i am so desperate for new Sideshow LSBs.

Give Forps LSBs. LSBs are Forps' cryptonite.
Yeah the Lifesize Busts have been sorely lacking. That last Harley was an oh hell no.
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #7
Forps is back
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Yeah the Lifesize Busts have been sorely lacking. That last Harley was an oh hell no.
What characters would you like, qz33? LSBs ofc. Let's give Sideshow some ideas.
Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM   #8
qz33
Doctor Doom

Iron Man! No no Iron Man please.

I'd like a some females. No one has ever done an attractive female lifesize bust (non-movie) Maybe comic Catwoman? Black Widow?

Oooh a good Vampirella lifesize would be sweet.
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #9
Forps is back
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Iron Man! No no Iron Man please.

I'd like a some females. No one has ever done an attractive female lifesize bust (non-movie) Maybe comic Catwoman? Black Widow?

Oooh a good Vampirella lifesize would be sweet.

Comic Catwoman/Black Widow? Nice choices. Vampirella LSB? So Harbottle? (although i don't know if he ever sculpted a life-size bust). For female pieces, i don't know if Peterson is the right guy.

Personally, Lobo and Thanos. I desperately want a comic Lobo LSB and a comic Thanos LSB
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM   #10
qz33
Doctor Doom

Wouldn't mind a redo of Cap and Thor. The old ones were not as good as Sideshow's classic DC busts.
Have to be traditional versions though. No weirdness and definitely no movie. Sick of ALL the overpriced MCU and DC movie crap.
A comic Dr. Strange could be cool.

Maybe a Punisher LSB?
Mr. Sinister? Madelyne Pryor?
A GOOD traditional Wolverine and Sabretooth?

Sideshow's/Olivia's Frankie?
Oooh a Rebel Terminator LSB.

Supergirl? Again the chicks gotta be pretty or DO NOT BOTHER to bring it to market.

Even a Harley redo. I mean WTH happened with Harley? That should have been a shoo-in.