Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-05-2019, 02:09 AM   #51
dao2
Cyclops

I put in a ticket soon after I received it and received the following response:

"Hi

Really sorry about the print quality, I have started an investigation to find out the reason behind it.
I will issue you the refunds.

Thank you,
Benjamen"

Still the other materials would probably stay the same and only the pixelated image would be rectified but we'll see I guess. Also one thing I'm concerned about as I mentioned it came from the US so I assume they got some US company to do this in which case they probably never got a sample. I don't know how stuff works with prints and if they don't do samples but it's something I think should have been checked, especially when using a new production/distributor with your name on it.

They did refund me immediately already which is very nice of them to do. That is the sort of response that I am glad to see from HMO and very much appreciate and I hope they do fix it, but I definitely won't be buying any prints until I see quality improve (and not just the image quality).

I'll try post some more pics tomorrow and if I get any updates share them so anyone who is interested can know what's up.

edit: cut out part of it, it was a positive but I don't want it abused :<

2nd edit: here are some updated pictures because my previous one was super close up and crappy

picture of the pixelation (put my finger next to it so you can see it's not just the camera being ----)

the back of the frame, as mentioned just held in there with cardboard and the frame itself just being cheap wood joined with staples

the acrylic popped out, which is how I received it. It's easy to push back in and stays in there unless you move it about but it doesn't seem to quite sit right when looking from the side. I am unsure if this is because it may have taken some damage from shipping or just how it is (as mentioned cheap frames such as this that I've used in the past don't hold together too well anyway)

I would like to think that HMO would get not just the image fixed but also the quality up but I don't want to get my hopes up :| If not I'll just stick with their statues....
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #52
dao2
Cyclops

Got an update from them:

"We have looked into the poster and we believe the printer used a different, low-res file to print on the canvas. Having said that, we are currently looking into using a better quality frame, while keeping it still accessible to the masses."

*note it says canvas but it's actually "premium photo paper" and not canvas, just most of their other ones are canvas so a typo.

It looks like they've fixed the image quality (hopefully at least). I don't like the frame, acrylic, poster quality and rather pay another $80 to get something like a SS framed print. But if you're concern was the image quality they have found that issue.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote