Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #11
Rocket
Art of Mod

I'll make this a Sticky and adjust the thread title and move SS Alex's post to first
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #12
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Do the 5 Hulk heads Sideshow teased belong to a new PF with real clothes (and preferable solid), to a sixth-scale figure or another format and
when will the new Doom PF go up for PO?
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #13
no gears
Sinister Six

Any word on the scale or timeline for Hobbit pieces? Also any truth to the Cave Troll pf?
no gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:25 AM   #14
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Hi Alex,

Could you tell me if the legendary scale bust line for Marvel is dead or not? And if it's not, how likely is it it'll continue in the way you released the new Iron Man LSB (with one arm)?

Thnx
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #15
Python
Omega Red

This is a great thread, one complaint we all have is that interaction with our favorite collectable company is somewhat limited at times and suggestions/input seems to go very much unheard or at least not acted upon. This could be the start of changing that.

With this in mind.. Alex, do you know if the alien big chap lsb's teeth are being altered at all? The piece is pretty spectacular but the one piece top and bottom blunt teeth ruin it somewhat overall, they also need chroming for sure. The warriors teeth are spot on which seems strange. I love it anyway but that final touch would complete it nicely after all of the hard work that must have gone into sculpting it.

Many thanks.

In fairness there is also this picture that suggests the teeth altered between suits, but whichever one you go with they aren't quite there yet.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #16
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

A few random questions.

-Can you clear up the "issue" with Doom LSF weight (35lbs)? Any way to be sure if the armor will be made of polystone and not plastic?
-Any news about the Blade Runner license?
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #17
alexeicrow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

SSAlex do you know if there is any gambit pf statue still around somewhere in the warehouse? I would love to buy that
alexeicrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

was wondering when there would be an ask SS thread.

so my question is..
what was the true story behind the missing saber hilt to the Kenobi Mythos statue? was it a decision by SS to not even have it made after advertising it on your website? or was it a factory error and that they didn't even make it. or worse they lost the original model before they could even mold it to produce the saber hilts for the statues?
reason why im asking is becasue a lot of people are thinking SS omitted them deliberately to save on costs. and in return didn't care about their customers and what they were expecting. and was accused of false advertising in a way to produce more sales. but i tend to believe (as some others do as well) it was a mistake of the factories and that they either forgot to make them or couldn't becasue the hilt was either not sent to them or that they lost the hilt prior to making the molds.
can you give any clarification on this?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #19
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

This thread gonna hit 100 pages in 3 days !!

Yes.. there has been talk about the new Vader for quite a long time!

Short before SDCC it was posted, that there might be something for us who are waiting for the new Vader PF .. but nothing happened...

Is there any update.. tease.. preview.. coming up anytime soon ?

YOu know we need our new Vader PF so bad...
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #20
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I really really hope sideshow does a 1/4 Bane maquette. He is such a good villain and would be an awesome piece if done to the comic specs. Will this happen anytime soon Alex?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote