Old 03-21-2019, 09:57 AM   #2021
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

They need to do more villains to balance the line out. I’d love to see

Mr Sinister
Toad
Sabretooth
Freedom force ( mystique has already been made )

I know it’s not happening but variety is king to me
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #2022
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattikebukuro View Post
For some reason, got offered 10% for the exclusive on Sideshow's website while checking if the shipping fee was already calculated. Sign of bad sales ?
I didn't get offered the same 10% when I tried to buy this EX just now.

I wanted to see if I'd get the offer too, but it didn't come up. I'm thinking its for international buyers only to help with the shipping cost.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #2023
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I still love the piece, but I doubt I'll order until she's been out a year or more and proven that the statue doesn't break or fall over.
Same here, love it, wont PO it. Will buy it aftermarket, but I dont think i can wait a year though. I dont have that patience.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #2024
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Used my saved up rewards that were geared towards Juggernaut and PO'd this yesterday. Not bad for 570$.

Not in love with the portraits but everything else is outstanding to me. Hopefully Jean will look amazing to pair.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:26 PM   #2025
KarolKaminski
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I still love the piece, but I doubt I'll order until she's been out a year or more and proven that the statue doesn't break or fall over.
You say it for the balance and the little support? Have you had any bad experience with a similar one? You made me think, my friend! I'm scared.
KarolKaminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:32 PM   #2026
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarolKaminski View Post
You say it for the balance and the little support? Have you had any bad experience with a similar one? You made me think, my friend! I'm scared.
Well, there's not been another statue like this where the whole figure is held up by just a wrist. Just makes me nervous.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:54 PM   #2027
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarolKaminski View Post
Quite a few of us are concerned about the stability of the piece over the long run.

It really drove me nuts that at the time it went up for preorder and showed on Sideshow Live, that they had no idea how it was going to be supported nor what materials it was definitely going to be made from. Heck I ranted and raved (probably a tad too aggressively) about it on both forums at the time of the Live Show because I was so concerned that none of those issues had been determined by that time.

I know the production piece is not going to be made exactly the same as the prototype, but it doesn’t help my confidence when the prototype supposedly breaks during a convention.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:20 PM   #2028
savage.CAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Quite a few of us are concerned about the stability of the piece over the long run.

It really drove me nuts that at the time it went up for preorder and showed on Sideshow Live, that they had no idea how it was going to be supported nor what materials it was definitely going to be made from. Heck I ranted and raved (probably a tad too aggressively) about it on both forums at the time of the Live Show because I was so concerned that none of those issues had been determined by that time.

I know the production piece is not going to be made exactly the same as the prototype, but it doesn’t help my confidence when the prototype supposedly breaks during a convention.
People keep bringing up the fact that it broke at a convention. But there was no word on if it was from flexing/snapping or just their ----ty display styrofoam collapsing under it.

I have this ordered. I am nervous. But until they give me a reason not to trust them, I’m not going to worry. Since they have gotten so many questions, I’m sure they will provide a detailed look at the support before release.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:22 PM   #2029
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
People keep bringing up the fact that it broke at a convention. But there was no word on if it was from flexing/snapping or just their ----ty display styrofoam collapsing under it.

I have this ordered. I am nervous. But until they give me a reason not to trust them, I’m not going to worry. Since they have gotten so many questions, I’m sure they will provide a detailed look at the support before release.
Given that Sideshow staff stated that the piece was never at the convention to begin with, I doubt they would tell us how it broke anyway.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:32 PM   #2030
savage.CAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Given that Sideshow staff stated that the piece was never at the convention to begin with, I doubt they would tell us how it broke anyway.
It’s obvious that their entire company isn’t privy to the same information. One person at the show was quoted saying it was never there while all others said it had gotten damaged.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote