Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please

Old 05-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #11
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

Guys!
I have a DA account too! but I am with Andy about it. A website/blog will always be the primary source to show someone stuff. Also, I got a few emails from sculptors telling me the Corner site we all built got them work, and a few art directors told me they use it as a list of possible sculptors, bad thing with the Corner is that it has got too big to keep it on date and that the only way to update it is only through me, I would love to find another way, like every sculptor there could be able to upload their stuff when they want it to, but so far all my effort and my software knowldge have been pretty lame. So any help will be more than thankful. Another way to show your stuff is forums, the clubhouse, this one and the spawn board are the one IMHO wich gives more exposure, I got a few big works from there as producers from different kind of companies lurks around.
Interviews from different online news site like figures.com, action-figure.com and so helps the exposure too. Some places have an email to request them, wizard has one also.
But so far, the "knock the door until they call the cops" has been the best way to get noticed. Come on, I live in the ass of the world, so no conventions for me, not personal contact of any kind, just the marvelous internet and it bennefits!!!!
I think I went a little far with the topic, so just read the first lines to get the resumed answer, lol
alterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #12
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

I should echo what Freak Dentist said. Just recently a client got my info through Alterton's Sculptor's Corner, and actually got my email from the Insane Lunatic.

Sculptor's Corner Rocks!

Alterton is a FREAK...BUT HE ROCKS!!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #13
Andy Bergholtz
Sculptor
Sculptor

Yep, I've gotten more work inquiries through the Sculptor's Corner than any other venue I'm involved with, including my own website. Alterton is the MAN.
Andy Bergholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #14
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

So William, you took the gig?? MF send me pics!!!!
What I wanted to point with the Corner example is that places that showcases several artist works are good for exposure too, besides forums or personal sites/blogs, there are a lot of other sites (not as good as our, LOL) around the net, even yahoo groups.
alterton is offline   Reply With Quote