Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-29-2019, 08:52 PM   #21
Star-struck
The Spirit

Sounds fun, I'm in!

Harley - One of the best Harley statues that exist, and there's a lot. Super fun and dynamic statue. Really pops. Downsides are the lean that some have reported and the face could be better but I still think it shows crazy and fun well. I own.

Joker - The best Joker statue to date. It will be hard to top this one. From the portraits to the base it's full of detail. The costume, the sculpt, incredible. If I had to come up with a downside it would be that I think the hammer could fit into his hand better, but that's really reaching. I own this one too.

Bud and Lou - Really fun piece, I think this serves as a great companion with Harley and Joker. I don't have this one but hope to one day to go with H&J.

Mr. Mxyzptlk - Not much is done of this character and this statue is a great representation of him. Clean sculpt and paint work. Great base, perfect costume. I own.

Supergirl - Costume isn't my favorite and I wasn't into comics when she wore it but it looks great in statue form. I don't mind the smile although I do see what people mean when they talk about it. I wanted to get this one but money was never available at the time, hopefully it will be one day down the road.

Martian Manhunter - This one stings a bit. I'm a huge fan of J'onn and this looks to be a 100% perfect representation of him. I was able to see it in person at my LCS and was really impressed. Money is tied up in other statues at the moment however, so hopefully I can snag one soon. It's my most wanted Tweeterhead piece.

Wonder Woman - Great sculpt and pose, love all the additional pieces. However, the neck seam completely ruins it for me. I'm glad others can look past it since the rest looks amazing but I can't. It's actually the piece that took me out of being all in on this SP line. How that decision was approved still baffles me but if that's the kind of thing that Tweeterhead is ok with then I'm out. I'll still pick up a few but I'll have to see in hand pics first.

Superman - I remember when I first saw a picture of this piece. I was blown away. It was one of those immediate must haves. I started saving money right away but before I had enough the issues started coming out. Once again, it seemed like some bad decisions and horrible oversight. It made me think that Chad has no QC team/person at all and completely trusts the factories to make whatever decisions they want. Completely redoing the run was a class act however. But I don't like the way the cape sits on the shoulders in the new run so it's another unfortunate pass.

Batman (blue) - I prefer my Batman in black and gray but this one to me is the better of the two. I like the portrait better, and the colors just mesh better in my eyes. It's the perfect classic Batman, though I'm not a fan of the one arm up doing nothing pose. The batarang fixes that though. If I were to get a blue/gray Batman this would definitely be the one.

Batman (black) - Not a bad looking Batman by any means, I just think the blue is the superior option. I like that there's two however, since some will want to display a Batman with the JL and another with the Batfamily. I'm not sure which one I'd display with each but probably the black with the Batfam. The base is also really well done, love that green tarnish effect.

Robin - Not a fan of the bare legs/pixie boots costume at all. I respect the classics but don't want a physical representation of it in my collection lol.

Donna Troy - Great sculpt, great paint, super clean statue. Not much done of this character either but it looks perfect to me. I really hope to pick one up down the line cause I don't see a better one coming out anytime soon. I like the black costume too but the way the stars are on that one might not translate well to a statue.

Catwoman - Great costume choice, not much is done of that particular era. The colors seem to pop too. The arm seam doesn't bother me too much from what I've seen since that's where seams usually are in clothes anyways. Hopefully it doesn't stand out too much. I want this one also but J'onn, Kori and Donna are above her at the moment.

Starfire - Speaking of Kori. Wow! Completely blown away by this. Haven't seen any production yet but the sculpt, paint, pose, costume, skin tone and portrait look phenominal. Wonder Woman and Superman disappointed me so much but this one is tempting me back in. It depends on how the final product comes out. The only one above her is MM, because I'm such a fan of his.

Cheetah - Love the character but something about the expression bugs me. And since both heads have the same expression this one will probably be a pass. I don't hate it but there's so many others I want before her. Also looks like this one may have another head seam, which would make me completely out. The boots also look weird to me but that wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Green Lantern - Really don't like how the trunks look on Hal. On Supes and Bats it just fits but on GL there's something off about it to me. Great Sculpt, amazing construct/base with just the right amount of details. This one is gonna be a pass but probably would have picked up without the trunks, as there's not much GL stuff nowadays that I like, but just can't spend the money on a costume I dislike.

Batgirl - Great Batgirl statue, my favorite costume for her. I think the portrait is stunning and really like the way the hair flows. The pose looks like shes carrying in all the groceries in one trip but I still really like the piece and hope to pick one up in the future.

Shazam - Not a super fan of the character but think the statue looks great. Very classic and the lightning around the base somehow doesn't look bad even though I usually don't like those kinds of effects on statues. Cape flows well and even though I didn't initially like the portrait, it grew on me. The only way I'd get him is to pair with Black Adam.

Black Adam - Big fan of the character, great representation. The pose is a little exaggerated but I like it. Something about the way his bare shoulders meet the black costume looks off but I don't think that's gonna be a deal breaker for me and it's not even up for PO so I'll just have to wait and see.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:21 AM   #22
built2shred
Phoenix

After receiving my Catwoman from TH, I kind of looked over all my TH Superpowers statues and came to this conclusion. Over the years I have also collected a lot of DC Collectibles and the Tweeterhead statues feel like a premium version of the 1:6 statues that DC Collectibles offer for about 1/2 the price if not more.

TH gives you a nice environmental base where DC Collectibles usually just gives you a black puck and the TW sculpts seem to be slightly better than DC Collectibles, QC wise TH is kind of all over the map with great QC on the Joker for example and horrible QC on Superman with others being in between.

My Catwoman QC came in just a little sloppy in the collar area and then, of course, the seams that shouldn't have been there. On my Martian Manhunter there is a small gap where his portrait slides into his chest, sent multiple emails to TH but never received a response. Luckily you can only see the gap from certain angles.

Batman, Supergirl and Donna came out awesome QC wise although I'm not crazy about Supergirls portrait...

Overall the statues are nice but I'm not sure if I'm into the classic era of costumes and comic book look of the statues as much as I thought I would be... I'm might jump ship on this lineup and see how I feel about XM's 1:6 offerings if XM ever ships them out
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #23
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I like and own Batman and Joker. Not gonna be buying anymore.

Nice classic looking pieces with appealing art direction. after looking at my two tweeterhead statues next to my Bowen shrine...I like that mostly all bowens have a Black base on the bottom of the themed base of the character. Not all have this (like Action Iceman, Crouching Venom...ect) but what I like about the black base is it ties all the different statues with different bases together...meanwhile Tweeterhead bases are themed but next to each other the bases don't have the same uniformity and feel as the Bowen statues do with their black base and themed base on top...just an observation.

To summarize, Tweeterhead statues: nice products, good for the shelves and good for the wallet.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:55 AM   #24
iceprince_x
Deadman

I wish that they do a Michael Keaton Batman to partner with my Michelle Pfieffer Catwoman; I am completing my the Linda Carter Wonder Woman line. Tweeterhead is a great company that reminisce the likes of Bowen Designs and CS Moore Studios.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:57 PM   #25
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I like and own Batman and Joker. Not gonna be buying anymore.

Nice classic looking pieces with appealing art direction. after looking at my two tweeterhead statues next to my Bowen shrine...I like that mostly all bowens have a Black base on the bottom of the themed base of the character. Not all have this (like Action Iceman, Crouching Venom...ect) but what I like about the black base is it ties all the different statues with different bases together...meanwhile Tweeterhead bases are themed but next to each other the bases don't have the same uniformity and feel as the Bowen statues do with their black base and themed base on top...just an observation.

To summarize, Tweeterhead statues: nice products, good for the shelves and good for the wallet.
Shogun, it sounds like you liked more of the Museum piece with the matching theme bases.. I can agree that seeing a display of Bowens where all of the bases matches looks incredible (especially when arranged by teams) It does look like Tweeterhead is doing similar bases the Batman Family and Wonder Woman Family bases.

One thing I just remembered is that Bowen did do the same base for all of the Daredevil characters (Daredevil, Black Widow, Elektra, Bullseye) and for all of the Giant-Man/Goliath statues
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:27 PM   #26
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post

Shogun, it sounds like you liked more of the Museum piece with the matching theme bases.. I can agree that seeing a display of Bowens where all of the bases matches looks incredible (especially when arranged by teams) It does look like Tweeterhead is doing similar bases the Batman Family and Wonder Woman Family bases.

One thing I just remembered is that Bowen did do the same base for all of the Daredevil characters (Daredevil, Black Widow, Elektra, Bullseye) and for all of the Giant-Man/Goliath statues
Hi mmK.

I was talking about the black bases at the Bottoms of mostly all Bowen Statues. for example mostly all Spider-Man villians have some sort of a wall, crumbling-wall or brick base. But underneath that wall-brick themed city base there is a Hockey-Puck black base on mostly all Bowen statues. I always saw it was there but never paid attention to how it brings all the statues together. Action Green Goblin has a smoke base but at the VERY bottom it's a black base. I thought this was a really nice touch and despite statues having the same or different themed bases the black hockey puck bases anchors mostly all the statues in the line together, really nice design feature I never appreciated before.

I think the Tweeterhead pieces could've benefited from a bottom base like this because when displayed all together it's a little broken up, still very nice statues though.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #27
mmk123

I get what you mean. I thought you meant how when Bowen started to do the pretty much museum pieces how the Avengers characters had the round base with the "A" on it and the X-Men had the "X" on the base.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:34 PM   #28
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

My biggest problem is their size . They take up a lot of space compared to Bowen’s . They are slightly better quality but I loved the joker super detailed and amazing I think the others were very cartoony which is great but they all have to stay uniform .

I’ve got all the Bat heroes and villains except Catwoman I’m happy with them but I may stop there .

Also I don’t see the point to not buying the exclusive versions as you get more for just a bit more but the ES is way smaller . Better bang for your buck
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #29
built2shred
Phoenix

Having their capes sway to the side like on Supes and Batman does take up a lot of shelf space and it's not really necessary...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:38 AM   #30
mmk123

I have 5 SuperPowers statues so far the four with capes (Batman, Catwoman, Supergirl and Martian Manhunter) all have the swaying capes. I do not mind that they are a little larger than Bowens for now but depending on how many I own a year from now (have Batgirl, Green Lantern and Shazam on order) I might be saying "how about a still cape instead of a swaying one".