Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-03-2019, 03:44 PM   #51
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
Wow - the hair bang is broken and glued back with a line across it. Was it shipped like that or it arrived broken and you just glued it back? Close ups of the hair overall is a bit disappointing. The rest look good. Looks a bit leaning forwards but might be the camera. Thanks for sharing the pics though.
Yes it arrived this way. It's impossible for the bang to break during shipping as it's supported by the forehead, this likely occurred during production and was poorly repaired.

It does lean slightly forward since I can't get it to sit flush on the base and it wobbles forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
So sorry to hear that HiTMan. Shame that it would have this. More than likely my statue will have these issues...
But must say that paint app looks great

Thanks for sharing and input on this piece
Thanks, it truly is a shame, a waste of a beautiful sculpt.

I hope you have better luck my friend, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
He looks beautiful. Sorry to hear about the build quality though.
Thanks, you would think a studio who owns their own factory would put more care in during production and ensure QC is on par.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:23 PM   #52
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
Yes it arrived this way. It's impossible for the bang to break during shipping as it's supported by the forehead, this likely occurred during production and was poorly repaired.

It does lean slightly forward since I can't get it to sit flush on the base and it wobbles forward.

Thanks, it truly is a shame, a waste of a beautiful sculpt.

I hope you have better luck my friend, let me know.

Thanks, you would think a studio who owns their own factory would put more care in during production and ensure QC is on par.
Yikes - sorry to hear that about the hair. Will you go for a replacement?
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:03 AM   #53
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
Yikes - sorry to hear that about the hair. Will you go for a replacement?
No, I think I will opt for the refund unless if I see others having better luck.

Gantaku needs to address these fitment issues. Plus I realized the leg that pegs in was actually broken or the glue came loose at the boot.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:51 AM   #54
French Cancan
Deadman

That's unfortunate, because paint and sculpt are beautiful. But among all these issues, the broken and badly glued hair is just a NO.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:21 AM   #55
drskull
Frackin!

sorry to hear that :/ Hope you got it sorted.

also now Im kinda nervous.
drskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #56
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
No, I think I will opt for the refund unless if I see others having better luck.
I'll have pictures up on Thursday. I'll let you know. This is starting to sound like Mondo all over again...

On a happier note, swing up to the F4F section. November 15th PO's start for SOTN Dracula!
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #57
eternalblue02

"What a horrible night to have a curse..."

@HiTMAN & anyone interested. I received my Alucard this afternoon. I'm experiencing the same issues HiTMAN has and more. It's a nice design but everything feels super fragile.

My statue's right leg where it goes into the boot is loose and there is some left to right play. Left arm magnet is so/so crucifix stays but I'd be afraid of the shields weight on that side. Base has a lot of plastic-like ornamental details that can easily be broken if picked up wrong. There are angel/bat wings that you place on the two faces on the base very reminiscent of P1 Killer Crocs bandages. Where those stay these do not and I'm not forcing them in, they are very flimsy.

My last issue is the head/cape/scarf do not fit at all. I provided a picture of just the head and scarf where there is a 1/2 centi gap. It's hard to see but the head peg does not sit flush in the scarf. Add the cape to that and nothing fits right. One big domino effect. My hair's not broke at least.

I had high expectations for this statue but I'll stick with the F4F Alucard, face and all. Good luck you guys and gals who ordered this. Any questions by all means ask. I'd also like to hear others experiences.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #58
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Hearing all this really sucks as this had a lot of potential and a lot of people looking forward to it.

This is why i always advocate "wait until it's in hand" because it doesn't matter if companies make the most amazing proto, none of it matters if it's not achieved in production.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:21 PM   #59
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Hearing all this really sucks as this had a lot of potential and a lot of people looking forward to it.
Yep! What I find hilarious is Konami is an absolute sticker when it comes to these statues much like Nintendo. Even more so on the statues then their games they release now. I know they were riding F4F and Gantaku to get them right. Gorgeous statue hammered by the factory.

I really hope Omigeo gets him in one piece with 0 issues. We need a hail mary story here.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:07 PM   #60
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Gorgeous alright but lacks in its material

ok here are my pictures...

I see what eternalblue02 is talking about in regards to the head magnet. It seems that his scarf does connect just ok but not flushed, but when placing the head, there is a gap, as you might be able to see from my 3rd picture. The quality is not the greatest. The sword is plastic. Though the paint app is great, especially his face. The base does have some fragile areas but he does sits flush on his base

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3598.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	126816

Name:	IMG_3599.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	126817

Name:	IMG_3600.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	126818

Name:	IMG_3602.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	126819

Name:	IMG_3603.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	126820

Name:	IMG_3601.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	126821

Such a gorgeous piece but ruined by cutting corners.

Perhaps someone from this company will read this thread.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote