Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 03-30-2022, 02:06 PM   #11
Mister H
Gen 13

Wow. Didn't notice that either. Why not make the exclusive something really cool like his head turned 2 degrees to the right.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:01 PM   #12
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Other than Gaming Heads, doesn't look like any other studio is doing Halo resins. I've been looking for a Halo 1/4 for years so might pick this up.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:03 AM   #13
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Man Gaming Heads makes some weird decisions.
Pose makes me wonder but this EX switch out must be the lamest in a long time.
Still it is a 1/4 Master Chief so better believe it will disappear...

"The Legendary edition Master Chief statue is only available here at Gaming Heads. The statue has the Master Chief with a clenched left fist ready for close combat. The Legendary edition also includes the open left hand that come with the Standard edition statue."

Master Chief would look way cooler if he was holding his rifle........
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:33 AM   #14
KiDD
Birdman

Gaming Heads need to step up their game big time, the TF2 statues released over a decade ago still blow these newer one's out of the water. Chief looks like something that would retail for 140 usd in -08, not good. And the price, ugh...

They have so many amazing licenses but unfortunately don't put in the effort to bring the characters alive. Shame.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:37 AM   #15
Bubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
Gaming Heads need to step up their game big time, the TF2 statues released over a decade ago still blow these newer one's out of the water. Chief looks like something that would retail for 140 usd in -08, not good. And the price, ugh...

They have so many amazing licenses but unfortunately don't put in the effort to bring the characters alive. Shame.
Lol, with statue inflation (which is heads and shoulders above everyday inflation), something that retailed at $140 in '08 would be $600 today. As an example, F4F 1/6 scale that was $200-250 4-5 years ago are $500+ now. I think this one is at least a lot better than that "Halo Infinite: Master Chief v Escharum" 1/8 they're trying to sell for $550. Personally, I've come to terms that from here on out, every product/service is probably going to be a little ----tier or you get it much later than you want with current de-globalization trends.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:57 PM   #16
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Is this real? It looks like a DST vinyl figure.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 02:02 PM   #17
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Is this real? It looks like a DST vinyl figure.
IMO the vinyl figure from Dark Horse looks better than this one.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:09 PM   #18
supermetroid
Teen Titans

This is 1/4? Don't mean to sound too harsh but I've seen 1/10 that look to have more detail(at least from pics)
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:18 PM   #19
Bubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
This is 1/4? Don't mean to sound too harsh but I've seen 1/10 that look to have more detail(at least from pics)
I mean, isn't the detail on-par with F4F's Samus? The bar isn't super high with videogame characters. Granted, the 2013 Macfarlane 1/4 is a lot better than this. I'm ambivalent about the SSC PF. The visor always looked way too wide and bulbous. I agree that the Dark Horse PVC looks pretty good. If only Gaming Heads just re-made that in resin.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:03 AM   #20
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
I mean, isn't the detail on-par with F4F's Samus? The bar isn't super high with videogame characters. Granted, the 2013 Macfarlane 1/4 is a lot better than this. I'm ambivalent about the SSC PF. The visor always looked way too wide and bulbous. I agree that the Dark Horse PVC looks pretty good. If only Gaming Heads just re-made that in resin.
That F4F Samus is another one I have. I think it turned out great.

Just reminded me, I have the Master Chief helmet now and want to display it with the PF?I have Samus and I have the F4F Samus helmet on PO? I need another video game character and helmet just because I like the idea of displaying 3 character/helmet sets?that?ll be a video game character display for me.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote