Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-05-2020, 07:17 AM   #31
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I liked the pose in theory, but seeing it now, the foot placement feels a bit awkward.

Not crazy about the composition either. It would've been nice to see more of Arnold when looking at the Predator from the front. As it stands, you have to rotate the statue 180 degrees and face the Predator's backside. The only way I can imagine this working is as a literal centerpiece -- on a table in the middle of the room. Otherwise it's an Easter egg that few will ever allow to be seen.
It a good looking piece but have to agree with those points Arnie round the back of the base is a bad design decision. They could keep it as is but make the tree base more roots so you could just see through to Arnie.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:34 AM   #32
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Well it looks very good sculpting wise and it is lot more accurate than Prime 1. P1’s helmet is inaccurate and the body is way too buffed compared to the movie. The pose is good on the Infinity one until you reach the legs. Than it becomes not so good. I don’t like how the legs are positioned. It looks clumsy. I bought the Prime 1 version and was waited for this one. I am not sure I want to switch for the Infinity hunter even if it is more accurate. I am curious how the painted statue will look like at the end. Overall I am liking what I am seeing. Too bad Prime 1 stick with the wide mask and the buffed body. All in all I am torn between these two but I am leaning towards Prime 1. It just looks more impressive so far.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #33
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
100% agree regarding the leg positioning.

Left leg would work as-is if they move the right leg out more. Looks too "compressed" currently.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:58 PM   #34
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Infinity Studio 3rd Fans Gathering event. Pics and vid by Primo Collectibles:
Nice statue, I like the tree and upperbody+arms/hands look good.

but atm, total frontview looking to much like a Frog in a tree..

Imo. Pos right leg would be better against the second treestomp.
Or lower the stomp a bit and put foot on top of it, if normal leg flow is possible (did not see the facebook 3d vid).
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:12 PM   #35
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Infinity Studio 3rd Fans Gathering event. Pics and vid by Primo Collectibles:

]
Does anyone know what the scale of the human statue next to the Pred is? If it's 1/4, this is definitely undersized.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:54 PM   #36
dao2
Cyclops

Their previous stuff in that line is 1/4th so I believe that's 1/4th. Horse guy in the back is supposed to be 1/5th I think.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:08 PM   #37
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
100% agree regarding the leg positioning.

Left leg would work as-is if they move the right leg out more. Looks too "compressed" currently.

I agree. I glanced at this quickly and it looked amazing. But having returned and looked properly, it really does have a few oddities. I'm already in for the Prime 1 version anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me. But I still appreciate a good Predator statue, and this one is half way there. Ideally they should sort out that weird leg/foot position, and find a way to get Arnie into the main viewing area. I think those two things would transform this into a potential show stopper once it's painted up and finalised.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:02 AM   #38
rotaderp
Frackin!

In addition, I've read an observation/comment on a Facebook page stating a detail that Infinity Studio's has missed ... the Predator is barefoot!!!

I know it's in the "WIP" phase of the project, so I hope Infinity Studios is monitoring all feedbacks/comments/suggestions about the statue and consider making the change(s) ...
rotaderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:36 AM   #39
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaderp View Post
In addition, I've read an observation/comment on a Facebook page stating a detail that Infinity Studio's has missed ... the Predator is barefoot!!!

I know it's in the "WIP" phase of the project, so I hope Infinity Studios is monitoring all feedbacks/comments/suggestions about the statue and consider making the change(s) ...
I was going to say City Hunter is barefoot - but eventually realised I was in the wrong thread

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #40
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

To my eye, the mask at least looks spot on, hope they tweak the leg position slightly, add shoes and move Arnie to the front.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote