Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #981
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post

It’s really hard to resist these types of statues and I have a lot of multi statues...and I’m getting my second Aspen from ssc this week lol
Just curious...what is your reason for a lot of multi statues? Investment? Breakage?
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:37 PM   #982
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
Just curious...what is your reason for a lot of multi statues? Investment? Breakage?
I display them in different rooms. I probably got a few dozen doubles (and handful of triples which I might custom one) in my collection...almost all of them are females statues no less lol
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:59 PM   #983
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
I think investment and breakage are both reasons some people buy 2, or like this person said to display in different rooms, I bought a extra of 2 COTD pieces and to my surprise I noticed slight differences, such as the hair being turned in a different direction or the face having a better paint job on one than the other, and one fit much better and tighter in its base
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #984
Thor57
Teen Titans

Soft rumor that Disney + is looking at doing John Carter tv show. IF that is true, that could have been a driving factor to the naming drama on this recently.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:34 PM   #985
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Soft rumor that Disney + is looking at doing John Carter tv show. IF that is true, that could have been a driving factor to the naming drama on this recently.
I thought Lynn Collins looked the part, so I'm curious if the show turns out what actress they will get to play the part.

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:28 AM   #986
jokecool
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Disney and Dejah Thoris no no no.
jokecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:42 PM   #987
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So I was over at Sideshow looking at there new line Dragon Slayer, Bounty Hunter, and Dark Sorceress; and Dejah just happen to come up in the feed below them so I click on her.

And was happy to see this officially listed on the bottom.
© Sideshow 2019 © Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Dejah Thoris ® is a registered trademark owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. used by permission.

Then I look below and saw another link for Dejah trading cards?

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...inment-905090#

And now I am confused, a statue I can understand, but 1200 dollars for some holographic, regular, and black and white trading cards, that you can't even play a game with? Really?

Please help me understand why on Earth some would collect cards, when they could easily buy Dejah's art books, comics, the book series, movie, and probably 2 of Sideshow's Dejah statues for the same price?
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:55 PM   #988
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
So I was over at Sideshow looking at there new line Dragon Slayer, Bounty Hunter, and Dark Sorceress; and Dejah just happen to come up in the feed below them so I click on her.

And was happy to see this officially listed on the bottom.
© Sideshow 2019 © Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Dejah Thoris ® is a registered trademark owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. used by permission.

Then I look below and saw another link for Dejah trading cards?

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...inment-905090#

And now I am confused, a statue I can understand, but 1200 dollars for some holographic, regular, and black and white trading cards, that you can't even play a game with? Really?

Please help me understand why on Earth some would collect cards, when they could easily buy Dejah's art books, comics, the book series, movie, and probably 2 of Sideshow's Dejah statues for the same price
Because some people are stupid and will buy anything..lol I was watching the unboxing video of this and they handle the cards as if they are $1 cards
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:10 PM   #989
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I'd love to know how many of these $1200 card sets they actually have sold, its gotta be between 5 and 0, probably closer to zero
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:21 PM   #990
Jiggatron69
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I'd love to know how many of these $1200 card sets they actually have sold, its gotta be between 5 and 0, probably closer to zero
I would guess a lot more than 5 because there are always people out there who would spend money on weird stuff.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote