Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-08-2019, 02:27 PM   #271
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Magneto was broken where he slides in, and the sentinel head sounded like it had several broken parts within it. Took a few weeks to finally get fixed, but hey at least they fixed it.

X-23 had a pin size hole in her unmasked portrait and her body had a sloppy paint cover up. At least this one was fixed within a week or so.

Psylock doesn't fit in, her base all the way, has some white skin tag on her arm pit. They offered a partial refund since they didn't have any more to swap out with and wouldnt fix it :'(.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:43 AM   #272
Lmgoes
Doh!

Hi there. After receiving Alien Queen, I noticed the paint application to be a severe departure from what was advertised. First picture is my statue, second is from SS showroom piece.

Lighting differences aside, SS is claiming not all statues look exactly the same (which is stating the obvious), but they're using this argument to justify the staggering lack in paint detail. As such, I would ask anyone to confirm whether your Alien Queen 'Maquette' statue has such noticeable difference in paint job, which imho borderline false advertisement. Please share your thoughts. We really need to be gather in order to fight this trend, since it's detrimental to all parts; we as customers feel cheated, SS's reputation (if there's still such a thing) is compromised, and other companies may feel tempted to go on the same path (Infinity Studios being one of them).
Cheers
Lmgoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #273
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmgoes View Post
Hi there. After receiving Alien Queen, I noticed the paint application to be a severe departure from what was advertised. First picture is my statue, second is from SS showroom piece.

Lighting differences aside, SS is claiming not all statues look exactly the same (which is stating the obvious), but they're using this argument to justify the staggering lack in paint detail. As such, I would ask anyone to confirm whether your Alien Queen 'Maquette' statue has such noticeable difference in paint job, which imho borderline false advertisement. Please share your thoughts. We really need to be gather in order to fight this trend, since it's detrimental to all parts; we as customers feel cheated, SS's reputation (if there's still such a thing) is compromised, and other companies may feel tempted to go on the same path (Infinity Studios being one of them).
Cheers
I looked at mine. It is interesting that the colors are there (I assume you are talking about the open/tops of the eggs), it's just dark. Not sure why they bothered doing all the different colors, if they were going to make them so dark that they aren't really noticeable. Hardly a deal breaker for me though.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:46 AM   #274
chronos1919
Nightwing

Posted these in the Magneto PF thread, but I'll post them here as well. Received the Magneto PF originally with a warped helmet, damaged EX head, and a loose left hand. SS shipped replacements for all three and this is the condition they arrived in. Poorly packaged with paper and bubble wrap so that all three pieces were making contact the entire time they were in transit. Honestly, what the **** is the point of wasting time and money like this?

chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:58 AM   #275
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Sorry to hear that man. It's unusual for Sideshow to package something that poorly. Talk about a waste of everyone's time.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:29 PM   #276
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

WOW....not sure why it would be sent like that, I just received a replacement base for Kier and that came in a brown shipper and artbox, although that could be due to the change in number as well.
Sorry to hear you're having such a bad experience.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #277
SDguy

Sorry to see that. I think SS sometimes has new or poorly trained employees in their shipping dept (assuming their shipping dept also pulls and packs items). When I was trying to get a non-broken hair piece for my WW PF, it was a disaster. First replacement came. It was in a box, simply taped to the bottom, with zero packing material. Obviously it arrived broken. Next one came with hard molded foam underneath, which may as well just have been the bottom of the box since it was so hard, as it provided no protection/cushion and it arrived broken too. Obviously someone stepped in for the third try, as it came completely surrounded in soft beanbag type packing material. Of course it arrived in pristine condition.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150427_104911.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	127436   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08651-1.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	127437   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150501_124230.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	127438  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:36 PM   #278
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
The poorly packed ones could have been ex-DHL customs inspection employees.

Sorry about the stupidity - I feel your pain!

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #279
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Sorry to see that. I think SS sometimes has new or poorly trained employees in their shipping dept (assuming their shipping dept also pulls and packs items). When I was trying to get a non-broken hair piece for my WW PF, it was a disaster. First replacement came. It was in a box, simply taped to the bottom, with zero packing material. Obviously it arrived broken. Next one came with hard molded foam underneath, which may as well just have been the bottom of the box since it was so hard, as it provided no protection/cushion and it arrived broken too. Obviously someone stepped in for the third try, as it came completely surrounded in soft beanbag type packing material. Of course it arrived in pristine condition.
That's ridiculous. Hope I don't have to go through two more iterations to have this resolved.

They should custom cut foam, gently bubble wrap them individually, or apparently use foam beanbags like they did with your third replacement.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:27 PM   #280
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
If you have the funds, send them pics and say you're returning that one. Then just order another one.

I'm currently debating whether I want to reorder the Thor BoB because, yet again, ---- quality control. I can fix most of the issues, but whyyy must I fix their brand new statue that was $700. It's exhausting. I've put all pre-orders on hold and am calling to cancel two order for May, July. I need a break from this crap.
Yes, it's really nervewrecking currently and I'm not even dealing with Sideshow directly (I'm from Europe).

I bought Harley Quinn Suicide Squad PF - right leg was broken off - luckily the seller send me a complete replacement.

I bought the new Harley Quinn PF - one hand on the hammer is broken.

I bought the Red Sonja Queen of Scavengers PF and the key/peg doesn't fit completely, probably due to resin leftovers - no replacement.

I bought the Black Cat PF which arrived with a big glob of resin in one eye - took like 3 months to get a replacement.

I bought Dark Phoenix PF part of the base broken off and some hair on the reg portrait.

The last 2 years the prices have increased drastically but the quality control got worse...
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote