Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-05-2017, 10:09 AM   #481
actionjackson83
Midnighter

yeah the lighting at this venue you can tell is very dark and not very good.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #482
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

No way that can just be lighting. Those 2 pictures of the laughing portrait between the cons shows that they definitely darkened the face. Looks like that went darker on the hands as well. For me it makes no difference, I will be getting her someday.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #483
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Pics courtesy of Facebook. These are of Storm's alternate portrait with the correct switch out arms that were absent from the last set of con pics. I think these arms look much better with this face.

Makes more sens, a lot more.
Still think something is missing in that portrait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
No way that can just be lighting. Those 2 pictures of the laughing portrait between the cons shows that they definitely darkened the face. Looks like that went darker on the hands as well. For me it makes no difference, I will be getting her someday.
Hands a darkened too.
Nice move imho. makes even more sens.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:46 PM   #484
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Definitely darker. Are there any images of the other portrait from this show yet? Wonder if they made that one darker too as well? I'm sure they want to be consistent but it would be interesting to have the choice of skin tones as well.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #485
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Yeah I would definitely say that that's lighting.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:31 PM   #486
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It's the lighting that is making this piece look different. The whole photo has a darker, more fluorescent lighting yellow to it.

It's the same paints as before. Plus, let's be logical. XM does not have time to pack up Storm, take her back, paint alllll of her a different shade (including her suit bc that's a different shade in these pics), let it dry properly and pack her back up for another con is less than 2 months.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #487
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It's the lighting that is making this piece look different. The whole photo has a darker, more fluorescent lighting yellow to it.

It's the same paints as before. Plus, let's be logical. XM does not have time to pack up Storm, take her back, paint alllll of her a different shade (including her suit bc that's a different shade in these pics), let it dry properly and pack her back up for another con is less than 2 months.
I hope you are right. If it's the lighting, I'm cool. If they went back and actually painted her that dark, then I'm out and will not be getting her.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:47 PM   #488
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I can see the darker lighting changing the color of the costume slightly, but the skin tone is so much darker, there cant be any way this is just due to lighting.

Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:55 PM   #489
HBK83
The Avengers

One of those hard to display poses. Looking up making it hard to see the portrait. Will only display the first option when I get this.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #490
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
I can see the darker lighting changing the color of the costume slightly, but the skin tone is so much darker, there cant be any way this is just due to lighting.

I'm starting to get depressed now, the more you guys say you truly feel she was actually repainted. I do not like this.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote