Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 04-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #141
superboylives
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenK View Post

Several Have It Ready To PO .... Example....
http://www.fanboycollectibles.com/pr...dk57b743fa98k5
I just thought if someone had info on the statue going up for preorder by retailers maybe they were told this by a specific retailer. I know that fanboy collectibles has it already. I google searched for days for the statue and have only found it at fanboy. I started to order from them yesterday and I couldn't get a shipping quote before leaving a deposit. The shipping on the statue could cost me more than buying it directly from GG although I would have to pay tax, so I didn't commit to buying from fanboy. I normally shop with AFX and someone on a previous post said that they won't be carrying it, because it's a GG web exclusive. Which is a little confusing since fanboy is already taking PO for it, so it can't be a GG exclusive. So I figured I'd ask the kind people of the forum. No big deal.
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #142
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
I just thought if someone had info on the statue going up for preorder by retailers maybe they were told this by a specific retailer. I know that fanboy collectibles has it already. I google searched for days for the statue and have only found it at fanboy. I started to order from them yesterday and I couldn't get a shipping quote before leaving a deposit. The shipping on the statue could cost me more than buying it directly from GG although I would have to pay tax, so I didn't commit to buying from fanboy. I normally shop with AFX and someone on a previous post said that they won't be carrying it, because it's a GG web exclusive. Which is a little confusing since fanboy is already taking PO for it, so it can't be a GG exclusive. So I figured I'd ask the kind people of the forum. No big deal.
I think AFX might be confused. Try emailing them and let them know others are selling it.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #143
superboylives
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I think AFX might be confused. Try emailing them and let them know others are selling it.

Thanks. I'll do that tonight and I'll keep checking BBTS and other retailers to see if anything shows up this week. Even with the 20% discount the statue will still cost me a little over $450 from GG. It would be nice to get it for a little less.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #144
superboylives
Mephisto

I just received this email form AFX:
Hi, that is a Gentle Giant website exclusive. If anyone else is selling it then they are buying it from the Gentle Giant website.

I'm not really sure what they mean, because if fanboy was buying it from the GG website with a 20% discount how can they make a profit selling it for $390? I have a call into fanboy for a shipping quote. If the shipping is under $40 I'm buying from them.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #145
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
I just received this email form AFX:
Hi, that is a Gentle Giant website exclusive. If anyone else is selling it then they are buying it from the Gentle Giant website.

I'm not really sure what they mean, because if fanboy was buying it from the GG website with a 20% discount how can they make a profit selling it for $390? I have a call into fanboy for a shipping quote. If the shipping is under $40 I'm buying from them.
I posted a question in the Ask GG thread to get some clarification if this is a web exclusive or not.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #146
superboylives
Mephisto

Quote:
I posted a question in the Ask GG thread to get some clarification if this is a web exclusive or not.
Thanks. That's a good idea. I hope you get an answer soon.
I'm sorry AFX is out of the picture. They are my favorite online retailer and they price match.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #147
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenK View Post

Several Have It Ready To PO .... Example....
http://www.fanboycollectibles.com/pr...dk57b743fa98k5
I wouldn't say several online retailers have this for PO. Fanboy is the only one I have found after doing a search on the internet. If this piece is indeed a Gentle Giant exlcusive then anyone ordering from Fanboy will be left out when it starts to ship.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #148
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I asked the same question jedi. I didn't realize you already asked it.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #149
superboylives
Mephisto

I called GG's customer service today and the rep told me that right now the Samurai maquette is a GG exclusive. I asked her if that could change and she said yes, but right now she doesn't understand how any retailer can be selling it online. She was surprised when I told her that they were.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #150
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I called GG's customer service today and the rep told me that right now the Samurai maquette is a GG exclusive. I asked her if that could change and she said yes, but right now she doesn't understand how any retailer can be selling it online. She was surprised when I told her that they were.
Thanks for the info superboylives. So it seems that if we want to be guaranteed that we will get one, it is best to order direct through Gentle Giant. Even if this piece is offered to retailers at some point they might be allocated.