Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #6111
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
lol, nice : )

for me I want a custom grinning head with light up eyes. then all will be right in the world of statue collecting : )
Count me in on this
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #6112
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I never mentioned the EX. I was talking about the REG. Will not purchase either since I believe this MAQ is overpriced. I already have the 1/4 Thanos I want for my collection. No tears shed on my end. Although, I wouldn't mind getting a custom grinning Ron Lim portrait for it.
It's all good, I saw you said something about tears from EX owners and thought I would respond to it, lol.

We all benefit from this piece whether you get the EX or the Collectors edition. Most EX owners never will use both heads just the one they prefer. Here's to SSC and hoping they do this piece justice with the right factory and making it a masterpiece we all can enjoy.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:46 PM   #6113
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
We all benefit from this piece whether you get the EX or the Collectors edition. Most EX owners never will use both heads just the EX head. Here's to SSC and hoping they do this piece justice with the right factory and making it a masterpiece we all can enjoy.
Fixed.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:50 PM   #6114
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
It's all good, I saw you said something about tears from EX owners and thought I would respond to it, lol.

We all benefit from this piece whether you get the EX or the Collectors edition. Most EX owners never will use both heads just the one they prefer. Here's to SSC and hoping they do this piece justice with the right factory and making it a masterpiece we all can enjoy.
I hope everyone who bought one is thrilled with it when it's released. It's an amazing statue. It's all in the hands of the factory now. I have faith they'll get it right.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:52 AM   #6115
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I hope everyone who bought one is thrilled with it when it's released. It's an amazing statue. It's all in the hands of the factory now. I have faith they'll get it right.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:37 AM   #6116
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I could see the REG being sold for less than retail down the road. Not because of the size of the ES, but because collectors are crazy people who always want the new ish. Just go on the facebook pages... people are selling new pieces for less than retail all the time just to make room and money for the next new statue. It's a very saturated market of very cool statues that everyone wants bragging rights over. I see a lot of the same people buying statues and custom statues, posting about how it's the grail of grails, and then within a month it's up for sale.... what about that grail homie?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:38 AM   #6117
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I could see the REG being sold for less than retail down the road. Not because of the size of the ES, but because collectors are crazy people who always want the new ish. Just go on the facebook pages... people are selling new pieces for less than retail all the time just to make room and money for the next new statue. It's a very saturated market of very cool statues that everyone wants bragging rights over. I see a lot of the same people buying statues and custom statues, posting about how it's the grail of grails, and then within a month it's up for sale.... what about that grail homie?
I think for some, it is more about the hunt than anything else. Once that rush is gone, they need another fix.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #6118
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
I think for some, it is more about the hunt than anything else. Once that rush is gone, they need another fix.
Coming late to this hobby, this has been the hardest thing to grasp, that so many people buy statues only to resell, some within months of purchase.

AND than the idea they expect them to keep full value is baffling to me. I've never seen anything else like it.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #6119
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
LOL. This hobby is a haven for OCD.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #6120
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
This is so true. I think we're all guilty of that to a certain extent too... I know I absolutely love my collection, but nothing beats the feeling of opening that box for the first time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
LOL. This hobby is a haven for OCD.
Big time!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote