Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-29-2017, 02:39 PM   #7211
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Recent report from someone on Facebook was that a worker at a convention said that it was around 35kg. If that's true, it's over 70 LBS.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #7212
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
Recent report from someone on Facebook was that a worker at a convention said that it was around 35kg. If that's true, it's over 70 LBS.
70lbs lol F THAT ISH! I don't want him weighing that much.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #7213
bangooface
Blue Falcon

77 pounds!!! Dayummmm!!
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #7214
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Too be honest, only very few pieces hold their value nowadays. I'd be surprised if either the EX or REG hold their value. Perhaps the REG goes down a bit and the EX can hold on to that 1200$ mark, but once the dust has settled, I don't see either going for more.

Also, I don't ever plan on selling this piece, so it's aftermarket value doesn't really concern me.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #7215
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangooface View Post
77 pounds!!! Dayummmm!!
My thought (and hope) is that he misheard him and that it is 25kg which is 55 lbs and closer to what SSAlex reported.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:26 PM   #7216
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
My thought (and hope) is that he misheard him and that it is 25kg which is 55 lbs and closer to what SSAlex reported.
I hope so, 70+ pounds is a little ridiculous . 40-50 pounds would be perfect .
Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:29 PM   #7217
bangooface
Blue Falcon

Hey I really don't mind the heavy statue. I prefer it.
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:41 PM   #7218
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

40-45lbs would be the best
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #7219
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
It's almost common sense.
Except for the EX anyways.
Think about it, when these come out, and even more so it in batches. People get buyers remorse all the time. A lot of buyers don't realize the size and amount of space this mamma jamma is going to take up. There are many other reasons too. But that's one example.
So when this comes in the mail and two weeks or a month or so go by. That person is going to sell it. For what price- well if I can still by brand new from SS with a return policy- it means that person is going to sell it for whatever they don't mind losing on it.

People think of XM Mags and relate him to this. There are still flippers hoarding on unopened Mags. There were also only like 1000. Compared to over Four Thousand Thanos statues.

I personally think he looks epic. However, I also have a stance on what I am willing to blow on certain pieces. As far as Thanos, I chose not to support them on this piece due to the pricing.

So yeah.

Whatever helps you sleep at night
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #7220
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
It's almost common sense.
Except for the EX anyways.
Think about it, when these come out, and even more so it in batches. People get buyers remorse all the time. A lot of buyers don't realize the size and amount of space this mamma jamma is going to take up. There are many other reasons too. But that's one example.
So when this comes in the mail and two weeks or a month or so go by. That person is going to sell it. For what price- well if I can still by brand new from SS with a return policy- it means that person is going to sell it for whatever they don't mind losing on it.

People think of XM Mags and relate him to this. There are still flippers hoarding on unopened Mags. There were also only like 1000. Compared to over Four Thousand Thanos statues.

I personally think he looks epic. However, I also have a stance on what I am willing to blow on certain pieces. As far as Thanos, I chose not to support them on this piece due to the pricing.

So yeah.

Whatever helps you sleep at night
I could be wrong but I assume CW was referring to the EX and it's value. Not necessarily the reg. People seem to think they are going to pick up the EX at or below cost. I personally don't see that happening. There will be a premium, the question is how much?
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote