Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #631
TechnoDestructo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I can't say what Sideshow did, what Prime 1 did or what Secret Compass did. What I do know is that my LCS ordered the Superman for me and when I saw everything about orders getting cancelled, I called and spoke to my guy there. He said my order is confirmed from Sideshow, they charged him the NRD and just to make sure he spoke to his rep and his shop is getting the pieces he ordered.

So somewhere he's getting taken care of. Could be because he orders a lot of Sideshow stuff or possibly they limited the amounts each shop could order and Secret Compass just had to cancel some orders.
TechnoDestructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:21 PM   #632
Stormrider
Fantastic Four

Fabric cape edition is up at Sideshow.
Stormrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:21 PM   #633
iguana
Blue Falcon

Fabric UP on SS

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...studio-903454/
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #634
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

I have not read the whole thread but why was the fabric tbd and the sculpted limited to the 750?
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #635
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
I have not read the whole thread but why was the fabric tbd and the sculpted limited to the 750?
yes, P1 said it's because the most complained that they didn't get the sculpted cape and they will the ES set soon (but when they didn't mentioned).
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #636
Vader
Ghost

Prefer the fabric cape
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #637
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Prime 1 releases the fabric cape edition and just Wow! This version also looks amazing and even I had to think about it. Most of the the Arkham Batman characters that have a clothing material look amazing and I'm sure this Superman will not disappoint! Some questions exist about edition size but I think Prime 1 has some difficult choices between business and the buying community. Regardless, they have hit a home run with the most amazing comic accurate Superman I have ever seen.

So when deciding the piece for you ask yourself considering generally the statue market is seeing saturation like no other time I can remember and this guy probably wont see the light of day before 2020, which version will last your tastes over time?

In 2 years both will sell for more just based on pricing trends, I expect less statue companies to survive with a Top Ramen buying community, and both will become a grail because I don't forsee any statue company taking risks like Prime 1 now with such a competitive market offering. If you pass on either one this time and you are a Superman fan, be prepared to be at the mercy of your market times.

One question nobody has asked.
-> One (1) vine necklace
Only the fabric cape version lists the vine necklace. Will the sculpted cape version also have the vine necklace?

And in case you missed it, fabric version is up on Sideshow! Go go go!
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...studio-903454/

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #638
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Both versions look fantastic. I was actually all about the sculpted cape and I have a PO of it but now that I look at the fabric version, that looks really, really good too. Personally, I don't think there are any losers when it comes to which version you get, only winners.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:55 PM   #639
badhulk
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Both versions look fantastic. I was actually all about the sculpted cape and I have a PO of it but now that I look at the fabric version, that looks really, really good too. Personally, I don't think there are any losers when it comes to which version you get, only winners.
I agree .. .......order both here i like them both.
badhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #640
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I was going to try and get Sideshow to cancel the sculpted cape version and move my NRD over to the fabric cape version, but I forgot I used reward points, too. Great. Just after I sold myself on liking the fabric cape version significantly more.

I think what I like the best the fabric version (besides the cape not having to blow in the opposite direction of Batman's), is that I prefer cape not looking so thick where it attaches around the neck.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote