Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-17-2018, 06:52 PM   #711
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Did you just quote yourself?

WTF?
Hmmm seems to be arguing with himself or fighting himselfI’ll take two of what he’s drinking
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:45 PM   #712
M United
The Spirit

He must of made a mistake and met to quote someone else post but ye its funny.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:54 PM   #713
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
A fabric cape on 1/4 is fine, on a 1/3 scale, not ideal.
I'm not sure what the scale has to do with whether fabric can look good. Have you actually seen some of these P1 statues that have capes that aren't sculpted?

Really, their 1:2 scale statues don't have sculpted capes. They look amazing. The quality of both the Batman and Superman capes was really impressive.

It isn't like these are similar to the cape on the Sideshow Christopher Reeve Superman statue.

Not that I have anything against a sculpted cape (the cape on the Modern Batman PF looks really good) - in this case, I just prefer the look with the cape falling down more rather than billowing to the right. Had the sculpted cape been in a different pose, I may not have been as quick to switch. Although, I also prefer the less thick cape where it attaches as well.

But, I don't think saying a fabric cape isn't "ideal" on a 1/3 scale statue is accurate. There are decent examples out there that prove that thought process wrong, IMO.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:23 AM   #714
M United
The Spirit

Those 1:2 are museum poses so the capes just hang down naturally the fabric capes look amazing. On a pose like on this piece you really have to make that cape work really well to look good otherwise the statue will not look that good.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:26 AM   #715
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I'm not sure what the scale has to do with whether fabric can look good. Have you actually seen some of these P1 statues that have capes that aren't sculpted?

Really, their 1:2 scale statues don't have sculpted capes. They look amazing. The quality of both the Batman and Superman capes was really impressive.

It isn't like these are similar to the cape on the Sideshow Christopher Reeve Superman statue.

Not that I have anything against a sculpted cape (the cape on the Modern Batman PF looks really good) - in this case, I just prefer the look with the cape falling down more rather than billowing to the right. Had the sculpted cape been in a different pose, I may not have been as quick to switch. Although, I also prefer the less thick cape where it attaches as well.

But, I don't think saying a fabric cape isn't "ideal" on a 1/3 scale statue is accurate. There are decent examples out there that prove that thought process wrong, IMO.
I couldn't have said it better myself .... kudos to you my friend congrats
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:41 AM   #716
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Did you just quote yourself?

WTF?

ROFL this is quiet funny
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:14 AM   #717
Vader
Ghost

I thought it was designed for a fabric cape? They only made the sculpted version because some people asked for it?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:08 AM   #718
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
Those 1:2 are museum poses so the capes just hang down naturally the fabric capes look amazing. On a pose like on this piece you really have to make that cape work really well to look good otherwise the statue will not look that good.
I think we're at the point where you're discounting all of the other 1:3 fabric cape examples because they aren't "floating", unless I'm misunderstanding your "pose like this" comment.

I have 1:3 Prime 1 statues that looked great to me even before messing with the capes. Adjusting the capes can make them look better, but saying the "statue will not look good" unless work is put into positioning the cape seems a little hyperbolic.

For me, it doesn't really matter since I can't position the sculpted cape into the position I'd want it.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:57 AM   #719
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I thought it was designed for a fabric cape? They only made the sculpted version because some people asked for it?
Yep, up until a month ago, there was no sculpted cape.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:11 PM   #720
COI

Just wanted to point out that no one has to make themselves feel better about either choice, because both pieces are the same price and if you jump on the waitlist now, you will get the sculpted one if that's what you want.

I don't get the exclusive/sour grapes/sold out mentality in this hobby, not just in this case, but in general. People act like anyone who prefers the non-exclusive, or non sold-out piece is just doing so because of sour grapes or self-delusion. It's such a silly mentality.

No wonder these companies insist on exclusives and play around with waitlists and sell-out designations; collectors are suckers.

Buy the one you like. No need to complain or explain.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote