Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #831
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
This statue is going to blow people away when they get it in-hand. I've been waiting for a Superman statue like this for a long time. I splurged and bought both versions since I had enough reward points saved with Sideshow to get the sculpted version for free. I plan on displaying one in my house and one in my office at work.
Yeah I think this is the Superman statue to rule them all. It looks just like how I picture Superman would look if I could take him out of the comic book and put him into statue form. It's going to be epic once this gets into people's hands. Pretty much the whole Hush line so far looks epic. Looking forward to Nightwing to see how he turns out too.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #832
ghettodactyl
Frackin!

Prime 1 is really going to make me go broke with all of their releases lately. I previously put in a wait list pre-order for the sculpted cape edition but I ended up changing my mind and pre-ordered the cloth cape version today. After seeing the difference between the sculpted vs the cloth cape on Huntress I really don't want to get the sculpted on her, and I feel a cloth version for Superman will match a bit better when displayed. Plus it will be nice being able to be able to rotate him around to fit him somewhere. I'm still not super convinced if I really want the Hush Batman, but I'm already getting Poison Ivy, Superman and plan to get huntress, so at this point i figure I mine as well get a complete set. I'm on the waitlist for the limited Hush Batman but who knows if that will convert or not. I'm also still eyeing the Doomsday figure.... he would look so good next to Superman.... Prime 1 needs to pace themselves for my sake.......the struggle is real.... it's sad when I'm starting to wish they had a multi-year payment program at times. There are just too many expensive pieces I want all at once.
ghettodactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #833
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettodactyl View Post
it's sad when I'm starting to wish they had a multi-year payment program at times. There are just too many expensive pieces I want all at once.
Create your own. Open a separate bank account and have a portion of your check deposited to it. Some companies will allow you to do this. You can also set it up with your bank through an automatic deposit from checking to savings account. You specify the amount.

There are ways to make this happen. You just gotta get creative.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #834
Mac Collections
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sculpted cape Sups & Bats

These two together!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prime1 sup&bats.png
Views:	94
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	116021  
Mac Collections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:13 AM   #835
Atheris
The Maxx

My WL just converted for the sculpted cape version, should I keep it or go with the fabric cape?

Personally I like the fabric a bit more.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #836
ghettodactyl
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
My WL just converted for the sculpted cape version, should I keep it or go with the fabric cape?

Chris
I personally ended up going for the Cloth cape version. I just like the look of it more compared to the solid version, plus it's nice you can rotate him with the cloth version. I'm also getting Doomsday so I may need to move superman around for the optimal setup for him looking down on Doomsday.

Also, I plan on getting Hush Huntress and she looks significantly better with the cloth cape so I figured they will both match a bit better both having cloth capes.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #837
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:

Chris

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't like mixed media on statues, but the fabric cape lies better on his shoulders and looks way more natural than the sculpted. Also, the sculpted has a plastic looking finish to it (at least for now). I'm not sure what to do.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:54 AM   #838
Mac Collections
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

Chris
I have the sculpted cape on po also. I keep going back and forth between the two. I say go sculpted due to the
exclusiveness imo. Check out the picture in my previous post, to see it next to the hush batman.
Mac Collections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #839
ghettodactyl
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Collections View Post
I have the sculpted cape on po also. I keep going back and forth between the two. I say go sculpted do to the
exclusiveness imo. Check out my previous post to see it next to the hush batman.
Hmm... I just noticed that for that solid sculpt they have it positioned in a position they said wasn't possible previously. He was only supposed to have 2 positions for the sculpted for him looking directly ahead of the front with the Superman symbol and one where he looks directly behind which is 90 degrees off from the picture you posted. It makes me wonder if they adjusted his turn ability more with the solid cape.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #840
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I wouldn't think twice. I'd get the sculpted version. Fabric sucks.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote