Old 11-26-2017, 04:13 AM   #71
FROBAY
Phoenix

Just got the Balrog for 250 + 48 shipped
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:44 AM   #72
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Same here, i passed on Smaug earlier as I'm focused on LOTR, but if the Smaug Bust reappears would probably jump on it.

Here is hoping Weta realizes that items priced right will move, hopefully we see more sales.
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:04 AM   #73
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Finally jumped on the balrog after years of waiting, $250 + 42 shipping is a pretty good price imo
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:13 AM   #74
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I would be surprised if we ever see Smaug or Balrog after this BF. Why keep some for next year and take up warehouse space just to get about the same money next year?
Considering the fact Weta has been selling Smaug and the Balrog for at least two years and neither one has even hit ‘low stock’ status (85% sold) it’s pretty clear Weta seriously overestimated their popularity based on retail price. I’m not sure why Weta doesn’t have a fire sale and get rid of all remaining stock, but the same question could be asked about all their older statues at the moment. Every year on BF they sell off dwarves at 60% off and every year they sell off their larger 1/6 scale LOTR and Hobbit characters @ 2 for $399.....and every year the leftover stock gets put away for the next BF sale while taking up warehouse space. I’d say at this point Weta has no choice but to continue having these monster sales because who in their right mind is ever going to pay retail for Smaug or the Balrog again after seeing what Weta was willing to let them go for in the last few days?
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #75
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

The problem here is batches. Are they willing to create another Smaug batch knowing it won't sell at retail or close to retail?

I do think the bust will come up later. It was fairly well received and that's part of a new line now.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:53 AM   #76
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Smaug bust is sold out, I got one a while back and they had many QC and shipping damage issues so I wouldn't expect to see that again. Took me 3 tries to get a good one.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #77
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
The problem here is batches. Are they willing to create another Smaug batch knowing it won't sell at retail or close to retail?

I do think the bust will come up later. It was fairly well received and that's part of a new line now.
I would assume all 2000 Smaug’s were produced long ago and now they’re stuck with a warehouse full of them, just like the Balrog. As for selling them at or near retail, I’m sure that’s the ultimate goal, but Weta made a very nice profit yesterday, even on the one’s they sold at @$300 apiece. As for the Smaug bust, as someone has already mentioned, its long gone having sold out 6 months ago.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:26 AM   #78
FROBAY
Phoenix

And sold out. Congrats to all who picked one up.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #79
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I kept checking the Barlog until 6 am EST time, he was never shown at 250. Now that I am up, he is sold out. :/
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #80
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
I kept checking the Barlog until 6 am EST time, he was never shown at 250. Now that I am up, he is sold out. :/
I had to let my dog out at 4:15 AM EST and the Balrog was available for $250. Ordered one for my son, then back to bed.