Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-13-2020, 03:13 PM   #671
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I remember he did say it in a video.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #672
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I'm fine with the ones who only want one base to get that one base. Just dont complain when I get 2.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #673
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
Maybe we all are crazy.
Well we spend thousands of $$$ on painted rocks...
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #674
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I'm fine with the ones who only want one base to get that one base. Just dont complain when I get 2.
I want 2 as well. I have thought since the beginning that there would be 2. One that would be Robin alone and a second (unseen but much talked about) that would be for Batman, Robin and Batgirl. And we all know how much the second base has changed.

The reason I really want the Church base is because in all likelyhood I will place him with the Titans and they were based on the West Coast and Dick was not a dark brooding character in that situation. For a Gotham based lineup I get the need for Gargoyles....pretty much every other Batman statue has it so why not.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:23 PM   #675
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
It was actually grphyx1 who mentioned it first. Maybe things got mixed up along the way, but I'm pretty sure in videos that Chad himself said there would be 2 bases.

Maybe we all are crazy.
You're right - I found it earlier in the thread. Gryphyx announced an "additional" base that would display Batman/Robin/Batgirl together.

The site's product page called it a "base addition".

At some point, the whole "base addition" and "one base to fit them all" went out the window and we were told it would just be a different base for Robin to match up better with Batman. I wonder if the earlier "base addition" claim was mixed up with the revised EX or if something was said at the time of the revision announcement to confirm both bases would be included.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:28 PM   #676
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
You're right - I found it earlier in the thread. Gryphyx announced an "additional" base that would display Batman/Robin/Batgirl together.

The site's product page called it a "base addition".

At some point, the whole "base addition" and "one base to fit them all" went out the window and we were told it would just be a different base for Robin to match up better with Batman. I wonder if the earlier "base addition" claim was mixed up with the revised EX or if something was said at the time of the revision announcement to confirm both bases would be included.
It may have been in one of Chad's videos but who has the time to go through them all? LOL
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:33 PM   #677
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
It was actually grphyx1 who mentioned it first. Maybe things got mixed up along the way, but I'm pretty sure in videos that Chad himself said there would be 2 bases.

Maybe we all are crazy.
I most definitely mentioned that they were working on an additional base to display the bat fam. I never once mentioned that we'd get the original church base, the gargoyle base and the ex base to display the bat fam.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:37 PM   #678
MapleDonut
Justice League

I think the only salient point here is that Chad said he'd provide EX customers with the church and gargoyle base. End of.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:37 PM   #679
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Okay so the interesting thing, If you are interested in getting the bat family together, you are most definitely going to want to pre-order Robin directly from TH. He will come with an additional base to display all three together. Only available from TH direct. Details will be coming. You heard it here first!!
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:38 PM   #680
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

As I said just get the statue to this Country. Make accommodations for those who purchased the exclusive - a discount on an upcoming statue perhaps. By the way How many exclusives were made? I got the impression this sold less than what Chad thought it would.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote