Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-10-2019, 10:09 PM   #41
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Hollywood.......

It's pretty basic really. It's like when a group of 20 year old "girls" drive by, and flash their breast....I guess they think it's somehow offensive, I just place it on shelf 5 in the bank.
Cant remember last time I seen a group of 20 year old girls drive by and flash their breasts.

I got to start hanging around where your at
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:30 PM   #42
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Members of the church of Satan don't worship anything. In general they are just opposed to Christianity.

Yes, any symbol can be interpreted based on individual or cultural history associated with it. I'm just saying associating it with demons is not rooted in anything besides movies so no one should be concerned.

That's what you think, but the upside down cross has been a symbol of not only atheistic satanism but also actual satanic and occult worship
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:39 PM   #43
Augen
Metal Men

If you want to worry about such things I won't stop you.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:05 AM   #44
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Members of the church of Satan don't worship anything. In general they are just opposed to Christianity.

Yes, any symbol can be interpreted based on individual or cultural history associated with it. I'm just saying associating it with demons is not rooted in anything besides movies so no one should be concerned.
Whew! I think I’m good now.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:06 AM   #45
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
[/B]

That's what you think, but the upside down cross has been a symbol of not only atheistic satanism but also actual satanic and occult worship
Errr now I see this post. now I’m worried again just a little. Oh well I love horror and still want it anyways. Buy first and if something terrible happens it’s just a movie right?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:23 AM   #46
Zombiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Errr now I see this post. now I’m worried again just a little. Oh well I love horror and still want it anyways. Buy first and if something terrible happens it’s just a movie right?
You can buy it nothing is going to happen it's just that an upside down cross can seriously turn off many people.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:46 AM   #47
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I would think the giant scary nun would turn off people a lot more than the crosses. I would run.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:39 AM   #48
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Of all the horror statues I've seen... I'm most repulsed by this one...

In regards to the previous discussion on the symbolism... symbols for anything require context and the context of this statue is evil... if Marvel or DC happens to use a symbol for some random civilization but it was also used back in the 12th century, we just ignore the 12th century meaning because it doesn't apply to the context...

Since this statue is from the story/world of The Conjuring, which is about demons, demonic possession and had main characters in the series who were demonologists... by having this statue is basically putting a large figure of a demon that possessed a nun with symbols around it (which from The Conjuring world context) are indeed demonic...

Additionally, The Conjuring world uses references from Goetia (17th century) which includes the practice of summoning demons and other spirits...

So... have fun with this one if it's in your house and just be prepared if someone sees it and wants to leave early... because I would...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:13 AM   #49
Xenoburger

People shocked that the evil demonic nun character is actually evil and demonic. Why the hell are you guys interested in a character like this in the first place if an upside down cross bothers you?
Xenoburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:25 AM   #50
Biggunz
Loki

Looks pretty spooky. I showed my girlfriend this and she said if I bought it she was leaving. She already say she’s been having scary dreams, really scary dreams about a bad spirit trying to get us. I don’t even want to say the name here she told me it has because it gives me the chills.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote