Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #601
Vracula
Jedi Order

Well that's the problem he cares. The comic book Joker has zero empathy, this joker has just been created to appeal to the general masses.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #602
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
The Joker-Harley admiration comes from the fact that joker is now a pop culture icon. He is cool , he has a massive following with the general non comic book reading public and Harley is the female version of that adoration. This violent and chaotic relationship is mistaken for passion and that's where the problem lies. However people who idolize their relationship purely base it on this version of mutual abuse that they have been introduced to . Noone wants to see an abusive couple on film it's too dark for them. Why do you think the film was so heavily edited. Leto has said they have enough footage for an entire joker movie and I bet he is preety peeved off there isn't more of him in the film judging by the fact that he has outright said that the reviews have nothing to do with him.

IMHO this movies could have used much more Jared Leto and Batman. See Assault on Arkham. I'm still excited for this Universe but we need a home run soon.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:58 PM   #603
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Well that's the problem he cares. The comic book Joker has zero empathy, this joker has just been created to appeal to the general masses.
I would argue that although abusive, the Joker always had empathy towards Harley. He likes her and he wants her around, but he doesn't care. Again, we saw him leave her to die, so he clearly doesn't care about her all that much.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #604
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
I would argue that although abusive, the Joker always had empathy towards Harley. He likes her and he wants her around, but he doesn't care. Again, we saw him leave her to die, so he clearly doesn't care about her all that much.
The Joker is an opportunistic and homicidal, narcissistic psychopath. He has empathy for no one. He doesn't like Harley. He keeps her around as long as he can get what he needs from her. "Mad Love" showed that she was expendable to the point of his pushing her out a window to her death.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:17 PM   #605
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
The Joker is an opportunistic and homicidal, narcissistic psychopath. He has empathy for no one. He doesn't like Harley. He keeps her around as long as he can get what he needs from her. "Mad Love" showed that she was expendable to the point of his pushing her out a window to her death.
Suicide Squad showed us that she was expendable to the point of crashing a car into the ocean and leaving her to die.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #606
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Suicide Squad showed us that she was expendable to the point of crashing a car into the ocean and leaving her to die.
I haven't seen it yet, but how does that show he likes her, wants her around and has empathy for her?
Old 08-10-2016, 10:26 PM   #607
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
I haven't seen it yet, but how does that show he likes her, wants her around and has empathy for her?
That doesn't. It shows that he doesn't.

In the movie he just wants to have her around for the sake of having her around, but when she is around he doesn't care about her. His role in the movie is trying to get her out of prison and people are saying that it means he cares about her and loves her and doesn't treat her badly. Although he does.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:41 PM   #608
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
IMHO this movies could have used much more Jared Leto and Batman. See Assault on Arkham. I'm still excited for this Universe but we need a home run soon.
Well to be honest I wasn't expecting much of either of them considering the movie should not be about them.The faults of this movie lie squarely on the shoulders of the director.It seems like he wanted to do a lot but fell short on money and running time.

Dc needs to calm the hell down, they are trying to play catch up with Marvel so hard that they are really missing the opportunity to bring something fresh to the game.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:47 PM   #609
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Well in the theatrical cut they have definitely portrayed their relationship as sort of Bonnie and Clyde x10 times crazy,so the scene kids love it because they see this glamorised messed up relationship.To be honest I don't think that aspect got enough of screen time and from what I have read a lot has been edited.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:04 AM   #610
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
That doesn't. It shows that he doesn't.

In the movie he just wants to have her around for the sake of having her around, but when she is around he doesn't care about her. His role in the movie is trying to get her out of prison and people are saying that it means he cares about her and loves her and doesn't treat her badly. Although he does.
Then why did you previously say that you would argue that he has empathy for her, likes her and wants her around. I'm just not following.