Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2022, 08:17 PM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

Shipping companies completely overcharging

UPS, Fed Ex and DHL are still overcharging.
I don’t count USPS, because there you get what you pay for and you’re lucky your package arrives half the time.

But come on Shipping is outrageous, Gas prices have been going down now..so what’s their excuse for the higher and higher shipping prices everyday.
I’m sorry someone needs to step in at this point and offer an alternative (Amazon?) or have shipping companies be held accountable for super high rates and put a stop to it..it’s beyond ridiculous at this point..Inflation is killing us everywhere.
It’s not just for collectibles either..last week purchased my Wife a new Coach Bag. She didn’t love the color as much as she thought she did. So we had to send it back..UPS ground was the cheapest $38 for an uninsured package from NY to PA. 5 pound box.
Come on.
And for us here collecting, what’s it mean for us?
We now have higher statue prices and huge shipping to think about.
I remember paying $15 shipping from SSC a few years back for a Premium Format statue…Today they want $98.

Thoughts? Am I wrong? I just hope this isn’t going to become the new normal.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:42 PM   #2
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

A friend of mine purchased the Tweeterhead Shazam statue for me as a gift but I had bought one myself (both were Ebay purchases and could not be returned)
I put one on Ebay and it sold but even sending it through the post office cost almost $100 (Pittsburgh PA to CA and it was ground shipping). It was at this point I decided not to sell anything that would involve shipping
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:10 PM   #3
Mister H
Gen 13

I know on eBay I’m seeing more sellers only offer free local pickup.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:33 PM   #4
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

USPS just lost a statue I just sent out. Thank God for insurance and that was a painful process. Example: Medium sized box. Midwest to NJ.....120$
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:49 PM   #5
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
USPS just lost a statue I just sent out. Thank God for insurance and that was a painful process. Example: Medium sized box. Midwest to NJ.....120$
Yikes
That is a high shipping cost
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:14 AM   #6
Augen
Metal Men

It definitely makes picking statues up at LCS more appealing as no shipping cost even on a 1:4 could be in excess of $100 on Sideshow.

Ordering a 1:3 I brace myself for worst case $300+ shocker.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 11:12 AM   #7
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It definitely makes picking statues up at LCS more appealing as no shipping cost even on a 1:4 could be in excess of $100 on Sideshow.

Ordering a 1:3 I brace myself for worst case $300+ shocker.
I’ve ordered 3 1/3 scales this past few months..but I made sure they included free or reduced shipping. For that I’ll pay the extra above retail.

The one I’m scared for is the tweeterhead joker. I missed ordering from them Direct, and and had to go with Sideshow. If Carnage was $98 I have no idea with this is going to be..plus I believe this is due to out near the holidays when shipping is always higher..so that’s 2 strikes on me.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:31 PM   #8
Marcel54
Hellboy

Stop complaining Do you guys have any idea what international shipping cost? BTW, I worked in the container shipping industry and the cost of renting a 40 feet container for a journey from China to Europe went from $1,500 to $15,000 over the past few years. Guess, who is going to pay for that rise
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 12:47 PM   #9
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
Stop complaining Do you guys have any idea what international shipping cost? BTW, I worked in the container shipping industry and the cost of renting a 40 feet container for a journey from China to Europe went from $1,500 to $15,000 over the past few years. Guess, who is going to pay for that rise
Yeah but guess what, that is why we are paying higher prices for products right now, and that’s on everything we purchase at the moment. But your answer still doesn’t explain why a package we send from state to state is costing us ridiculous amounts, no containers are involved from state to state.
So shipping container costs are not the issue we are discussing here.

But thanks for that input anyway.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:10 AM   #10
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Yeah but guess what, that is why we are paying higher prices for products right now, and that?s on everything we purchase at the moment. But your answer still doesn?t explain why a package we send from state to state is costing us ridiculous amounts, no containers are involved from state to state.
So shipping container costs are not the issue we are discussing here.

But thanks for that input anyway.
Off course not, you are discussing just a part of the problem, that is US interstate shipping. How about inflation, labourcost, fuel prices and so on....would that contribute to higher shipping costs????
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote