Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-15-2021, 07:03 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Black Library

Is there any fans of Black Library ? I really like Warhammer 40K.

I finished, 40k Uriel Ventris series book 4: The Killing Graunds first. That was the only 40k novel, i could find in a book store in Ankara. So i started from there. Then, i ordered all of Uriel Ventris series books online and started to read from number 1: Nightbringer. I'm 80 pages in. Really fun read so far.

I even got bunch of miniatures to build and paint. I like Space Marines (my favorite chapter is Ultramarines), Chaos (my favorite is Slaanesh Daemons), Chaos Space Marine (my favorite is Iron Warriors), Astra Militarum (fix bayonets... HA HA ), Orks and Dark Eldar. (:

People say, Warhammer 40k universe is actually a satire, but The Uriel Ventris book that i read was pretty grim and gritty, dark and serious story. May be there are some series which are satires and there some serious ones like Uriel Ventris series. I'm very new to Warhammer 40k. (:
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 04:09 PM   #2
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Not much love for Warhammer on the Forum, huh. (:

Man, i am still sorry for missing that Roboute Guilliman statue... :/ from what i heard, Ultramarines Primarch Guilliman is out of statis and at the helm of Imperium, now. As an Ultramarines fan, this is big news for me. I checked out the Black Library 40K Books for newly awakened Roboute Guilliman's adventures and found the Dark Imperium series, but the First Book was out stock, so i patiently waited, even forgot about it for awhile lol and finally tonight, a few munites ago, i ordered it. There was even a 2nd book, i ordered both.

As Ultramarine 4th Company Captain Uriel Ventris' book series' big follower, i can't wait to read about his great Primarch's adventures and man, the big question, will they meet ? Will i see Ventris and Guilliman meet and fight against the enemies of Imperium shoulder to shoulder, side by side. Even the idea gives me a nerdgasm... lol
Old 08-20-2022, 03:35 PM   #3
Silas Loki
Jubilee

You are not alone.

I'm currently building several armies myself.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 12:23 PM   #4
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Nice. (:

I also have some individual miniatures and a starting kit of miniatures that waiting to be paint. I also got the paints, but i don't have any space to paint them... xD and there is no one around here to play warhammer 40K anyway so i am in no hurry. If i lived in Istanbul or Ankara, there would be pleanty of people to play Warhammer 40K, there are cafes there and stuff.

Hiya Toys 1/18 action figures look amazing, but i am not sure about getting in another toy line but if they make Roboute Guilliman, i would be all over that for sure.

I like to read so i am mostly in to Black Library. Reading my Warhammer 40K Uriel Ventris Ultramarines adventures and stuff.
Old 08-22-2022, 03:15 PM   #5
Silas Loki
Jubilee

I've looked at the JoyToy 1/18 scale figures - but, in my opinion, they don't deliver more than the actual miniatures, in terms of detail and quality. And the cost for one figure (50 Euro) is the price of a full 10 man unit.

My favourite stories in the WH40K line, are the Inquisitor Eisenhorn stories. Also some of the Necromunda stories. They just give you a feeling for the WH40K universe outside of Adeptus Astartes.
Old 08-23-2022, 04:36 AM   #6
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Oh, right. Those 1/18 action figures are not Hiya Toys but Joy Toys. Yeah, figure detail is so crapy. Especially, cheap plastic crap of a McFarlane Toys. Miniatures are too small though, very detailed but too small... If only they were as big as 1/12 and as detailed as the Miniatures.

Never heard of Necromundo stories but i hear of Inquisitor Eisenhorn stories. Are there stories or novels ? as far as i know Eisenhorn books are novels. I was going to get in to Eisenhorn, but couldn't find the first book instock anywhere or something back in the day. I have the first two of Gaunt's Ghost novels, i was going to get the rest as well but they got out of stock at the light speed, man... I wasn't expecting that. I believe the core of WH40K is space marines. I am not much interested with what is out side of Space Marines and Chaos Space Mariens and Primarchs and Threator Primarchs. My favorite 40K writter is Graham McNeill. Yes, i believe he is even better than Dan Abnett. I read 1/4 of Horus Heresy, Horus Rising. It wasn't bad, but i much prefere Uriel Ventris series of Graham McNeill.
Old 08-23-2022, 09:07 AM   #7
Silas Loki
Jubilee

If you like Space Marines only, then that's fine - but I can only suggest to take a look at some of the lore surrounding Adeptus Custodes (The Emperors Elite Guard) - The Officio Assassinorum, even the Adepta Sororitas. There are both novels and short stories available for all of those factions.

If you hunt around, Prime 1 (yes, Prime 1) made a Blood Raven Space Marine statue at 1/4 scale. They did a Terminator as well. This could be of interest to you. If you can find it.
Old 08-27-2022, 09:23 AM   #8
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I will take a look at your suggestions. Thanks. (:

I can't afford second hand market, man. I am especially on a tight budget lately. Statue prices got really high, especially shipping and stuff. American Dolar also went crazy high againt Turkish Lira, everything became really expensive around here. I need to eat. lol

As you saw from one of my previous posts, i even consider getting in to joy toy line... I only got one sideshow statue on preorder and after that, probably i will be out of big statue game and only occasionly collect Batman b&w, the little statues and mafex and s.h. figuarts and stuff.