Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-05-2022, 10:47 PM   #31
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

I can understand how some view this series as too slow, but I'm enjoying the deliberate approach, attention to detail, and character focus. The set design is also great (especially on Coruscant), and I like how a single TIE fighter is shown as pretty intimidating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
A loser who is on the run
He sort of is at this point...he isn't the fully-formed rebel Cassian that we know from Rogue One, but you can see how confident and knowledgeable he is in certain respects, and how he asserts himself during the heist planning and rehearsal in this episode...Luthien had a good instinct when he recruited Andor.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:13 AM   #32
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Although I am enjoying Andor, I kind of feel like I am watching the 8 hour directors cut of Oceans 11....in space.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 11:37 PM   #33
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

This series is great. Loving it
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:52 PM   #34
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

We're seeing how Mon Mothma is truly on an island. She has few corners to turn to in attempting to organize the rebellion, and it's getting worse with new financial restrictions and more Imperial spies. Even her home life is no refuge...her husband would likely turn her in if he knew, and possibly her daughter as well.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:50 PM   #35
off
The X-Men

Ok, decided to watch more episodes based on comments here. It did get a lot better, much more compelling. The first two episodes though were tough. Lol
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 09:56 AM   #36
Augen
Metal Men

I think this is the best constructed Star Wars show I've seen. Everything about it feels like care was put in even with some budget constraints.

I may personally prefer Mandalorian as it is exactly what I wanted, but Andor is easily second due to the quality of this unexpected Star Wars tale.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:39 AM   #37
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
There's just something about how Cassian is depicted so far.

[Spoiler Alert]
A loser who is on the run. I'm not liking him. Heck, I liked Reva better
I?m on the other side of the coin. I like how they are taking him from a basic thief, who causes problems for the local imperial authority and turning him into a hardcore rebel in the rebellion. This is what?s called developing a character around a building story.

The one imperial captain (or whatever) is on top of things. These separate rebel sabotages look ?too random to be random?.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:44 AM   #38
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I?m on the other side of the coin. I like how they are taking him from a basic thief, who causes problems for the local imperial authority and turning him into a hardcore rebel in the rebellion. This is what?s called developing a character around a building story.

The one imperial captain (or whatever) is on top of things. These separate rebel sabotages look ?too random to be random?.
I've noticed how hyperbolic and intense our collective focus is on the present. Maybe it is instant access or binge mentality that makes slow burns difficult for people.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:50 AM   #39
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I've noticed how hyperbolic and intense our collective focus is on the present. Maybe it is instant access or binge mentality that makes slow burns difficult for people.
This is one of the few shows I haven?t waited for all of the episodes to come out before watching.
Old 10-13-2022, 02:01 AM   #40
AC_808
Hercules

The production is freakin excellent. It plays out like a movie. That meteor shower and the fly-through with Tie Fighters in pursuit was movie-perfect.

And I like Andor's back story. Because he's a thief and a scavenger of imperial parts/devices, he has the skills to fight/hack/disrupt the empire. Brilliant!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote