Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-05-2022, 08:45 PM   #111
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Shipping invoice within US from Spec is $270. Expected to be at their California warehouse early December.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #112
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

https://youtu.be/MmDumb1INlU
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 10:56 AM   #113
Y3E
Gen 13

Beautiful statue. The production piece looks fantastic. The thickness of the broken shield is a bit much but nothing to cry over. Congrats to those getting this.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:32 PM   #114
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

He has the best looking ears in the business

Shield weathering looks amateurish and no hair at the back is wrong

Good likeness though, overall looks pretty nice
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 11:31 PM   #115
CinnaBoon
Doh!

I currently have a preorder for this statue with both shields directly from Queen Studios, but do not want it anymore. If anyone is interested in taking my order so I can potentially get the deposit back, PM me.
CinnaBoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:28 AM   #116
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

I’ve had this piece in hand for exactly 3 weeks now, but I just haven’t found the time to write my usual essay sized reviews that I sometimes do. Let me start by saying that I’m extremely happy with the piece, and in no way do I regret purchasing the piece. However there are a few nitpicks that I have with the piece. Some very minor, and some not so minor. But overall the statue really does demand attention in my collection. So while the below negatives might seem a lot, in my mind it’s not accumulative and most of my nitpicks, are exactly that, nitpicks and don’t devalue my overall appreciation for the piece; no matter how I seem to go on, and on about them, so keep that in mind as (if) you read along.

I love this particular scene from Endgame, so I really appreciate the pose chosen here, as in my opinion it looks great. Heck I like it so much, I’m also getting the life size bust too! It looks so much better than the 1/4 scale from Iron Studios, which I’ve got displayed with the exact same elements of Mjolnir and broken shield.

Now the box was too heavy for me, and I had to unbox it downstairs, and bring up the pieces individually. The body comes more or less in one piece, except for just the two hands (which simply connect at the wrists like a glove) was quite heavy. When I carried it up the stairs I almost thought it was too heavy, but I’ve since learned that I should’ve carried it vertically rather than horizontally.

Assembling was doable on my own, but it might’ve been easier with one more person, to help alight the foot peg into the base. The feet weren’t as flush with the base as I would like, but it’s not really noticeable, unless you shine a torchlight at it, which is something I always do when going over my statues that very first time looking for any damages. Of which I didn’t find anything major, except for a tiny little thing on the back of the boot, but I used a brown marker to remedy it, and now it’s pretty much gone under normal lighting conditions.

I know some aren’t pleased with the face sculpt, but imo it looks much better in person than some of the photos I’ve seen posted on Facebook. The silicone and paint here are very life like and as always brings it up more than a few notches. The blood injuries on the face look just as good too. They maybe could’ve punched in a few more whiskers along the chin, but other than that. Well they really could’ve rooted some hairs beneath the back of the helmet. Though honestly I think the helmet/mask does give it some leeway, and I’m personally very happy with it.

Note that this is the first piece that I’ve received from Queen that came with a jar of some sort of powder, of which I assume is like talcum powder and is to be used on the silicone. So it should come as no surprise that out of the box, that this is the first Queen silicone piece that didn’t have the slightest bit of an oily look, even under the harshest of lighting (for example the Wonder Woman bust was fine under normal lighting, but under stronger lights the oily look became more apparent). Though in my opinion, I personally would’ve preferred for this piece to have an oily look, as it’s so scene specific after battling Thanos with Mjolnir, that it would make sense that he would be sweating, with all that battle damage and blood on his face. But at the moment it’s a tad too dry looking.

The body sculpt looks great imo, with the costume being very texturised all over the suit.

The broken shield is okay, not great, but not bad either. Though I think it could be improved with a bit of dry brushing along the ‘break’, as even with all the sculpted detail along the silver break it looks a bit undefined. The full shield is perfectly fine, but I’m probably going to be using the broken shield most of the time.

Unfortunately there appears to have been a production issue in the casting or assembling of Mjolnir, as the hammer part isn’t perfectly aligned with the handle, making it look a tad lopsided. It’s not obvious from all angles, but it’s there. And I’m quite sure others have had the same issue.

The rest of the paint application is fairly good, with more positives than negatives.

Overall the paint has been applied quite solidly over the costume and boots, with not much in the way of overspray or any such problems. The helmet with its battle damage looks great, the silver dry brushing on the scale mail on his upper chest is near perfect, in that that alone makes the overall piece pop quite a bit, and elevates the overall look of the piece. The blue, red, and white paint over his entire body looks great, as does the weathering that has been done on the costume.

Now to the less than satisfactory parts (these are more in the way of critiques than that they are actual issues):

The red paint surrounding the A’s on his shoulders don’t look all that clean and crisp, in that the glossy red paint looks like it was coloured in with a pen, and you can sort of see the strokes used.

I wasn’t totally pleased with the sculpt of the belt that he wears. The sculpt is so simple and smooth, that the brown paint that has been applied makes it look kind of like an afterthought and cheapens the piece a bit. Now that I’ve received the 1/4 scale WS Captain America, I think even less of the belt on the 1/2 scale, as the sculpt on the 1/4 scale’s belt is so very detailed with its absolute minute details that it almost looks like actual leather, whereas the 1/2 scales belt looks kind of toyish in comparison. The shield straps along the arm convey the leather look so much better. And I’m not sure, but I think the pouches along the belt are a tad too small in size. The belt buckle too could probably also use a bit more details.

This has been mentioned by others, but their use of Polystone on the hands was a mistake on Queens part. It contrasts so sharply with the silicone, and not in a good way. The paint application in no way matches the look of the silicone face, and makes the right hand holding Mjolnir stand out for all the wrong reasons (the left hand is partially obscured by it holding the shield). Honestly the paint app on the fingers could use an upgrade. I know it’s not everyone’s favourite, but imo it would’ve been a better choice if they had used translucent resins (Prime 1) or even PVC (Hot Toys/Sideshow), as that would’ve looked better. Heck I would almost be willing to chip in to get a custom set of hands made out of silicone.

The base gets a passing grade, with it being above average. But as always I think Queen really needs to up the sculpt detail for rocky ground areas. Heck they can be lazy and include sand in the paint, as that can really make it look real, because it is. For those that want to know, the nameplate is removable, but the peg hole is too big not to display it, but for me it’s a total non issue.

Even with what some would consider a laundry list of issues, most aren’t more than nitpicks of mine, and for those of you who have read along might be surprised, but this truly has become one of my favourite pieces in my collection.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:02 PM   #117
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Great review, I had brush stroke issues on my 1/4 Iron Spider with the eyes. I wonder if mine will be the same. Totally agree with the hands, why wouldn't they do silicon.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:05 AM   #118
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Great review, I had brush stroke issues on my 1/4 Iron Spider with the eyes. I wonder if mine will be the same. Totally agree with the hands, why wouldn't they do silicon.
I thought the paint issue on the eyes was with the CW piece, not the IW?

Do you also have the 1/2 scale Cap on preorder? With whom?
Old 11-10-2022, 04:42 AM   #119
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I thought the paint issue on the eyes was with the CW piece, not the IW?

Do you also have the 1/2 scale Cap on preorder? With whom?
Yes it was the Civil War piece. The 1/2 scale is with Sugo, just 2 payments left on it.
Hulkbuster should arrive tomorrow, don't know how I'm going to move that thing around.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:12 AM   #120
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Yes it was the Civil War piece. The 1/2 scale is with Sugo, just 2 payments left on it.
Hulkbuster should arrive tomorrow, don't know how I'm going to move that thing around.
Thought so. You confused me when you said Iron Spider, as the eyes on that one were more or less perfect. I think on my usual write up, I also mentioned the eyes on the Civil War Spider-Man. But it hasn't bothered me too much, as I've used the unmasked head 99% of the time.

I rarely ever pay off my pieces in instalments after it's in stock, as I'm always concerned about potential issues, and the more stock they have, the more willing they are to replace pieces.

I'll be sure to watch your review. Though I know you don't do assembling videos. Don't know how you're going to do it on your own. Tip though, you might want to put a towel/s down on the base, around the feet placement, just in case, to prevent damage if you end up having to set it down on the base because of its vast weight. As I've seen collectors scuff up the base, with these heavy pieces.