Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 09-08-2022, 01:02 AM   #3401
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Oops
Forgot to mention
The first Bowen Daredevil statue
Sold it a few years ago and regretted it
Was able to get it for a great price and will not let it go again
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 11:35 AM   #3402
FJC
Midnighter

Congrats! Had the first DD as well. I ended up selling it for the classic red DD on a gargoyle. Both are excellent sculpts of the character.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 12:38 AM   #3403
Frankierock
Omega Red

Just going through my storage unit, and forgot I had her..Mistress Death, still in her box unopened. So I kinda count that as a new piece..lol
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 01:46 AM   #3404
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Just going through my storage unit, and forgot I had her..Mistress Death, still in her box unopened. So I kinda count that as a new piece..lol
I have her as well. That's a great looking statue by Randy.
Old 09-10-2022, 02:40 PM   #3405
mmk123

Daredevil has arrived and looks great
Since Sith_apprentice just posted a picture of the statue am not going to bother but I am so very happy that I was able to get the statue back and at a good price

Now I just need to get the wasp and Jocasta and then my Bowen display will be complete. Though if I could get Tigra, she hulk in the FF costume and Clint Barton Goliath at a good price I would possibly add those back as well. Might even consider Cyclops in the classic costume to go with my Jean Grey/Marvel girl. Why is it whenever you think you only want to just look for just one or two more Bowen statues you end up coming up with a list.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:26 PM   #3406
FJC
Midnighter

My list is very short now. I've been able to get it down to Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman. I need a proper Galactus as well. However, I will be picking up the recent sideshow Galactus MAQ and adding it to my Bowen collection. Reed and Sue are the sticking point in my BD collection. I haven't liked any of his full size statues of those characters. Reed and Sue are the last holes in my BD collection that I'm having a hard time filling.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:48 PM   #3407
mmk123

Those are definitely two of the weaker Bowen full size statues. Mr Fantastic was not bad -I owned the statue before and thought it was adequate. How much can you really do with Mr Fantastic. But the Invisible Woman was less than adequate. She deserved a much better representation (I am talking about the first ones, not the 3 pack but those were even worse).
Old 09-10-2022, 11:51 PM   #3408
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Those are definitely two of the weaker Bowen full size statues. Mr Fantastic was not bad -I owned the statue before and thought it was adequate. How much can you really do with Mr Fantastic. But the Invisible Woman was less than adequate. She deserved a much better representation (I am talking about the first ones, not the 3 pack but those were even worse).
Yeah, not a fan of the original Reed and Sue statues. They look super dated and are heavily inspired by Kirby"s art. I recognize Kirby's importance to the Marvel Universe but I'm just not a fan of his art. I grew up in the Byrne/Perez Era of comics so those are my preferred artists/styles.

I actually like the 3 pack Reed and Sue more than the original statues. That said, I'm really not a fan of the 3 pack Reed and Sue either. That's my predicament. I don't like the old offerings enough to buy them, yet there won't be any new Bowen scale Reed or Sue statues getting released anytime soon (if ever).
Old 09-11-2022, 12:36 AM   #3409
mmk123

I never understood the purpose of the 3 pack FF statues. I mean both the Thing and Human Torch had 2 different statues made of them (and both were great). I do wonder if a new Reed and Sue were on Bowen's list of characters he wanted to revisit but shut down shop before he could.
Old 09-11-2022, 02:39 AM   #3410
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I never understood the purpose of the 3 pack FF statues. I mean both the Thing and Human Torch had 2 different statues made of them (and both were great). I do wonder if a new Reed and Sue were on Bowen's list of characters he wanted to revisit but shut down shop before he could.
It's too bad we'll never know. The only statue I'm bummed about not getting made before he shut down was the Nightcrawler statue we got a sneak peek at. That looked phenomenal and I was all in. Unfortunately, it didn't get released so I did go back and buy his original Nightcrawler statue. It's a shame Randy is not back in the game. No other company can push out the amount of characters he did.