Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2024, 10:51 AM   #1
Mister H
Gen 13

What does "THE" Batman statue look like?

As a large number of us seem to be disappointed every time a Batman PF is released I was wondering what specifically would make for THE Batman statue. Scale, color, pose, base, realistic or comic inspired, whatever.

* IMO the best pose is either a museum or very slight action pose. Those poses will take up the least amount of space which is a concern to just about every collector.
* I prefer a black and grey color scheme first and foremost but the right blue and grey isn't totally out of the question.
* A realistic take on a comic inspired look is better than a straight comic inspired look or movie version. I love the portrait on the hunch back Batman PF.
* Batman's build should be muscular but not in the body builder range. Bats is strong as an ox but he's also an acrobat and would be encumbered by too much muscle.
* The base should have some detail and set the mood for where he is at the moment but we are seeing way too many bases that take the attention away from the sculpt of the figure. Leave the villain references out.
* Different variations of Batman can be nice but Bruce Wayne as Batman set in his universe makes for the best version by far.
* I could go either way as far as battle damage goes though I wouldn't want too much of it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 11:01 AM   #2
jeremydmc
Black Panther

This in 1:6 or 1:4 with less cape flare would be my Batman. Neal Adams Batman will always be my #1.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 03:03 PM   #3
Mister H
Gen 13

That would be great. That's something that could be made in black and gray and blue and gray. Agree about the cape.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 03:15 PM   #4
SDguy

I need SOME positioning of a leg or arm... it can't be a totally symmetrical standing, arms down pose. That looks like a sculpt that just never got posed. It's the only thing I hate about the new P1 Thomas Wayne....
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:31 PM   #5
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

that is a fantastic Batman statue-I do agree about the cape though
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 10:09 PM   #6
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
This in 1:6 or 1:4 with less cape flare would be my Batman. Neal Adams Batman will always be my #1.

That is pretty much the limit for beefiness in a Batman statue. There's so much good in the OG Sideshow its a shame that a few quirks make it miss being a grail.

I'd love to see some comic artwork examples for a statue.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 01:14 AM   #7
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

My favorite Batman so far is Prime 1 Batman Arkham Knight Game version. I believe it pretty much fits everything Mister H wrote above. I have the regular version because the exclusive version was not available in any local store, so i don't have the Bruce Wayne head. :/

The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 03:28 AM   #8
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
My favorite Batman so far is Prime 1 Batman Arkham Knight Game version.
I've never been a big fan of the regular Batman costume.
That's why I like the first Samurai Batman so much. (he also looks more like Arkham City than Samurai)
But this one from Prime 1 in the battle damaged version has always been my favorite. Unfortunately I couldn't buy it
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote