Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-05-2022, 11:22 PM   #541
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Let me get this straight..
Someone has purchased the real-hair edition and paid extra to have it customize?
I cannot see the difference. Maybe someone could post a side by side before and after pic.

I have not too sold on the white paint on the hair where the hair meets the forehead.
The white paint appears to have thickened up the hair stands to cotton thickness.
Other than that, he looks excellent!
why do you assume this was an artist edition? To me, seems like it would save one money to buy the sculpted version and have someone repaint and hair it. I think I will go this route now and try to get rid of my artist deposit.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 03:08 AM   #542
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
why do you assume this was an artist edition? To me, seems like it would save one money to buy the sculpted version and have someone repaint and hair it. I think I will go this route now and try to get rid of my artist deposit.
*I did in fact assume.
If they removed the sculpted hair and added real hair, then they did a great job.

*Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them..
- Bruce Lee
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 03:50 AM   #543
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I can't imagine the modifications of the sculpted version would really offer a significant saving.

I mean, once you factor in the shipping to the artist, their time and labour cost, the materials - and overall the time it takes to get your statue back in hand.....

I'm not knocking the idea, you do you - but it seems like a long way round to get to the same destination.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 12:10 PM   #544
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
*I did in fact assume.
If they removed the sculpted hair and added real hair, then they did a great job.

*Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them..
- Bruce Lee
Lol, no biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I can't imagine the modifications of the sculpted version would really offer a significant saving.

I mean, once you factor in the shipping to the artist, their time and labour cost, the materials - and overall the time it takes to get your statue back in hand.....

I'm not knocking the idea, you do you - but it seems like a long way round to get to the same destination.
You don't think the hair on the custom is significantly better though?
Old 10-06-2022, 01:37 PM   #545
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
You don't think the hair on the custom is significantly better though?
....I mean, if you see a significant improvement, I'm not going to tell you otherwise. For me, the effort from Queen Studios is stellar to begin with....

I imagine, even if there is an improvement - can you get a guarantee that the artist can replicate that effect every time?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 02:04 PM   #546
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It could have been someone also who got the artist edition and wasnt satisfied.
For me, the deal is that the artist proto was great. But the final to me is nice, but not as good as the proto.
Now it could also just be the case of most of these collectors refusing to futz with the hair when it needed to. I see most of these look like its straight from the box.

This is the problem about getting a figure/statue with real hair, most need some sort of futzing. Sometimes, even having to use hair products. But due to high prices on these figures, many people are reluctant to futz with it and so they leave it as it is, straight from the box.

Lol, I have long hair so I have no issues futzing, but its a pet peeve of mine sometimes when I see someone post their figures, and I just want to comeover and futz the hair if I could.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:48 PM   #547
ukshaun
Hercules

Is there any news on when Spec Fiction will be shipping the sculpted hair version?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 09:17 PM   #548
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

A new video of the sculpted hair version...hopefully these are shipping soon...

Looking good! Glad I sold my JND and decided to bet on this one...for A LOT less money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C14AfppzQzw&t=377s
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 06:32 PM   #549
azurepred
Zot

I finally got a chance to open my artist version. It's a really nice piece. I like it as much as the JND. Obviously, a better likeness. I think JND did the hair better, which is punched compared to glued. Tailoring is really nice, with the only flaw being missed pic stitching on the lapel of the purple coat. Paint app is great in person. You can definitely see how silicone gives a more realistic look to the portrait when compared to the JND. I did not get an edition number card with mine, so that is the only part of this statue that is disappointing. The framed plaque is a nice touch though.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:29 AM   #550
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I’m glad you said something, I forgot about the numbered card. I’m going to have to follow up on that also.

I’m still waiting for my replacement base.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote