Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 04-19-2016, 09:09 AM   #81
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Either way it's a strong sign Bowen Designs as we knew it is likely no more. If we see Randy back in the statue game down the road my money is on it being something completely different and the existing Marvel line will not be expanded upon.
That certainly would be too bad. But hope to see him back in the game at some point.
wktf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:58 AM   #82
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Bowen site has been down for a while actually. Still its a sad discovery for each of his fans to make. I agree that if Randy returns the direction will be different from the good ol Bowen Designs.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #83
QOBrien67
Frackin!

Regarding prices, it depends. If you start tracing actual sales of statues, some have bottomed out a bit (Hulk Smash Green/retro Thor), some have increased general speaking (Apocalypse) and some have artificially inflated due to listings (Magneto / Sinister / Chrome Surfer). I watch the auctions pretty religiously and "grails" will always be grails, but we're seeing a lot of non-collector price bloat based on speculation atm. The number of Magneto Action's / Chrome Surfers I see posted at $995 vs the ones that actually sell is kinda hilarious. I expect we'll see the heavy speculation start dying out a bit, but I fully expect limited run easily breakable (Sinister, Mag Action, etc) to main / increase.

Also, since I didn't see it posted here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI7fX9nCIF8
QOBrien67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:04 AM   #84
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah waiting on speculation to go down. Some pieces I'm looking for but no way I'm paying those ridiculous listings.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #85
FJC
Midnighter

I held out hope that Randy would return with a Marvel license but I really believe he's done with that. It's just a feeling I have based of the interview posted above. It seems like Randy is interested in trying new things. Of course, there's nothing wrong with that but it's definitely a sad day for his Marvel collector's if that's true.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:18 AM   #86
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugabrams View Post
Down, Down, Down, I have been thinking this all along. Not having fresh products to keep interest will definitely take it's toll on aftermarket values. Other companies will put out new, cool stuff and it can't really go any other direction. Some great/rare statues will go up, but they were under appreciated in the first place. I don't foresee a big crash like Hard Hero though, because BD's won't be replaced as easily and their awesome statue diversity
Well it's been over a year and I think it's time to revisit this debate.

I can say without a doubt, I guessed wrong, lol. Kieth was much closer. His comparison to Disney seems to be correct.

It seems pricing on most has gone up a little and some a lot. Why exactly?
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #87
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugabrams View Post
Well it's been over a year and I think it's time to revisit this debate.

I can say without a doubt, I guessed wrong, lol. Kieth was much closer. His comparison to Disney seems to be correct.

It seems pricing on most has gone up a little and some a lot. Why exactly?
IMO one of the reasons is because there are still many who desire comic accurate statues and I have yet to see anyone compete on that aspect with Bowen statues.

i also think there are still many who don't go the 1/4 scale route due to space issues. Like me, I see a lot of comments about having to be selective on the 1/4 scales and sticking with 1/6 scale. Hell even now we are seeing Sideshow showing a few more 1/5 scale. When it comes to statues space is a very limiting factor.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #88
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

yeah when Hard Hero went under you had Bowen to take over. But there is really no company that has done that since Bowen has closed. You have Koto but it's fine art line is very anemic compared to the amount of statues Bowen would release.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:28 PM   #89
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
IMO one of the reasons is because there are still many who desire comic accurate statues and I have yet to see anyone compete on that aspect with Bowen statues.

i also think there are still many who don't go the 1/4 scale route due to space issues. Like me, I see a lot of comments about having to be selective on the 1/4 scales and sticking with 1/6 scale. Hell even now we are seeing Sideshow showing a few more 1/5 scale. When it comes to statues space is a very limiting factor.
I agree.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #90
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

I'm just now getting into Bowen busts but they are fantastic. I really wish we'd gotten Madame HYDRA, Silver Samurai, Spiral and Typhoid Mary.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote