Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-27-2016, 10:11 PM   #51
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

RE scale, I think 1/4 is ok for 1 figure in Museum pose but ANYTHING other than that needs to be smaller and if you are having several figures (like Destroyer or Silver Warrior) you need to have smaller scale for both cost and space considerations.

1/6 is my favorite scale but 1/7 (Bowen and CS Moore) scale can work if done with great detail, like Barbarian and Conqueror although I wish Conqueror would have included surrounding warriors.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:47 AM   #52
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
RE scale, I think 1/4 is ok for 1 figure in Museum pose but ANYTHING other than that needs to be smaller and if you are having several figures (like Destroyer or Silver Warrior) you need to have smaller scale for both cost and space considerations.

1/6 is my favorite scale but 1/7 (Bowen and CS Moore) scale can work if done with great detail, like Barbarian and Conqueror although I wish Conqueror would have included surrounding warriors.
I understand what you say about Conqueror. When my wife first saw that facial expression she said some nasty things until I showed her a photo of the painting and then she understood.....although she still doesn't like his face
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #53
akitadad
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The first two Frazetta pieces that I bought were Bowen's Death Dealer, and Clayburn Moore's Barbarian. I remember reading about how close Clayburn and Frank communicated about detail and all the aspects of the sculpt... Since Frank Frazetta's passing, that second voice, Frank's input is gone, and it seems that a few of the sculpts that have appeared recently,have their share of flaws; Enough flaws to have limited sales...I have wanted a quality sculpt of the 'Destroyer',for years, so for me anything less than all the elements in the painting is incomplete; Which brings me back to the idea that some art cannot translate to another medium,at least successfully. When I look at the perfection of that action frozen in time, I really have to wonder if it could ever be done right as a sculpt
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #54
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadad View Post
The first two Frazetta pieces that I bought were Bowen's Death Dealer, and Clayburn Moore's Barbarian. I remember reading about how close Clayburn and Frank communicated about detail and all the aspects of the sculpt... Since Frank Frazetta's passing, that second voice, Frank's input is gone, and it seems that a few of the sculpts that have appeared recently,have their share of flaws; Enough flaws to have limited sales...I have wanted a quality sculpt of the 'Destroyer',for years, so for me anything less than all the elements in the painting is incomplete; Which brings me back to the idea that some art cannot translate to another medium,at least successfully. When I look at the perfection of that action frozen in time, I really have to wonder if it could ever be done right as a sculpt

I remember talking to Tony Cipriano one time how he and the late great Micheal Hudson took his "Snow Giants" out to Frank Sr for final review and Frank liked it but just asked him to make a minor adjustment to Conan's chin (down more I think?) and how it really was an improvement. I love the Cipriano Snow Giants as well as an action sculpt of a Frazetta painting and I think it shows that it can be done.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #55
akitadad
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I remember talking to Tony Cipriano one time how he and the late great Micheal Hudson took his "Snow Giants" out to Frank Sr for final review and Frank liked it but just asked him to make a minor adjustment to Conan's chin (down more I think?) and how it really was an improvement. I love the Cipriano Snow Giants as well as an action sculpt of a Frazetta painting and I think it shows that it can be done.
I liked the way the Snow Giants turned out, and for the money,a bargain. Like almost all of the Frazetta pieces ,the factory paint detracts from the sculpts.I shot over to the Frazetta Girls site this morning to check out their collection of "Destroyer"prints and canvas offerings, and when you really look at all the foreground figures and details involved you can really see why this one is so hard to execute as a sculpt: And if it can, you are going to PAY$$$
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:49 AM   #56
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This is so fantastic news. I hope to never, ever have to deal with ARH again. I'm still waiting for all my pending orders from them but afterwards, I just never wanna even have to read the name ARH again.... ewwwww !

Count me in for any Death Dealer, Conan, Viking, Jaguar God, Barbarian related sculpts no matter which scale...no matter what price
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 05:51 AM   #57
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
It has less to do with the final product, but just about everything else with that company.
Now I see why people are so extremely happy with ARH Studios.Damn, just finished reading some of the horror stories people went through with that company...and still are!
It's beyond me how these guys are still in business.This has to be the worst service you can get from any company.Incredible.
Good to see a proper company acquiring the Frazetta license.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:48 AM   #58
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Very cool been waiting for Silver Warrior since forever.

Will be keeping my eye on these.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:02 PM   #59
shedman
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm 63 and thought I would never see this in my lifetime. I think the scale of this is perfect, considering all the figures involved. I'm all for 1/6 scale and smaller for statues based on multiple figures. Hope they do Night Winds, The Brain, Winged Terror, The Destroyer, The Sorcerer,Green Death,The Apparition, and Indomitable.But again, I hope they keep them in scale for easy display,and affordability for us average working folks.
shedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:57 PM   #60
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedman View Post
I'm 63 and thought I would never see this in my lifetime. I think the scale of this is perfect, considering all the figures involved. I'm all for 1/6 scale and smaller for statues based on multiple figures. Hope they do Night Winds, The Brain, Winged Terror, The Destroyer, The Sorcerer,Green Death,The Apparition, and Indomitable.But again, I hope they keep them in scale for easy display,and affordability for us average working folks.
My thoughts exactly (I am 62)...and add Sea Witch please.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote