Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-14-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Will Paypal send you to a collection agency.

I've wrote this story many time. I sold an item overseas and they filed a complaint and said they did not get it. I had it registered, and insured. The person is kicked off of Ebay. Paypal only want electronic proof. I washed my hands of them. I owe them $29 because they wern't able to steal that amount from my account. Has anyone had this expierence when you accont is locked. Did they send you to collection or is this just a threat?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #2
P1X4R
Producer

i know of a friend/ebay seller (now ex-ebay seller) who is being hounded by a collection agency for this exact same situation. basically he sold an MR lightsaber overseas. the buyer claimed he never received it. paypal sided with the buyer and is attempting to collect from the seller. luckily for my friend/seller he kept his paypal account with zero balance else they would have taken whatever was in it. i don't know all the details but that's the gist of his situation. kind of messed up really. if it were me i'd bite the bullet and pay just not to deal with the trouble and a tarnished credit.
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Thanks P1X4R I will call them now and give them there $29 and be done with it.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

So I called them to pay, but they will only report it to a collection agency if it's over $75. All that will happen to me is that I can't use Paypal anymore. Screw them. I still can't belive that I have a letter from the Post Office saying it was delivered and the person was kicked off of Ebay, and they still won't help me.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:56 PM   #5
fossa

my experience was a little different:

they never told me they would report me to a collection agency. maybe after my account was locked for 6 months that would have happened, i do not know.

also, Pay Pal can *NOT* just take $$$ from your account anymore. i know they used to do that but they now can not. i had to put $$$ back into my account to resolve a situation just like yours, and i thought i was done with it. the rep never told me i had to do anything else. however, i contacted them & found out that i had to send them an e-mail stating that it was OK for them to take the funds. then it took a few days for them to complete that process and i was back to normal.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:57 PM   #6
kar-kar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

That's Paypal And Ebay For You All They Care For Is Getting There Money,not The Seller Or Buyer
kar-kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R
i know of a friend/ebay seller (now ex-ebay seller) who is being hounded by a collection agency for this exact same situation. basically he sold an MR lightsaber overseas. the buyer claimed he never received it. paypal sided with the buyer and is attempting to collect from the seller. luckily for my friend/seller he kept his paypal account with zero balance else they would have taken whatever was in it. i don't know all the details but that's the gist of his situation. kind of messed up really. if it were me i'd bite the bullet and pay just not to deal with the trouble and a tarnished credit.
Its unfortunate, but I agree...sometimes its just better to bite the bullet for the small picture, the bigger picture is your credit rating which will follow you around forever.
Unless you live in a van down by the river
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:39 PM   #8
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321
Its unfortunate, but I agree...sometimes its just better to bite the bullet for the small picture, the bigger picture is your credit rating which will follow you around forever.
Unless you live in a van down by the river
It won't effect my credit rating since it's below $75 they won't report it, so I'm not paying the bastiches....
Old 08-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #9
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
It won't effect my credit rating since it's below $75 they won't report it, so I'm not paying the bastiches....
M, I would pay them just to make it go away. You don't want in haunting you later.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:32 PM   #10
Colossus
Loki

Yeah 29$ is not worth the jacked up credit, trust me I do mortgages and I see all the time people pay 100, 300, or even $500 more a month for a house because they did not wanna pay a $80 collection because of principles. It cracks me up. That $80 will cost em near $50,000 but oh no they wont pay because it shouldnt be there they say. I say pay it first and then dispute it.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote