Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 10-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #111
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Thanks for the review. I’ve been on the fence about this piece and the issues you listed would be deal breakers for me. Nice pose but I’ll pass. The money saved will help me get ECC’s Mohawk.

Last edited by d rod; 10-15-2019 at 06:48 PM.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:24 AM   #112
ukshaun
Hercules

Looks good.

Based on your videos, i think i prefer your other Alien. I prefer the museum pose, and the darker paint app, not to mention it comes in a display case that matches the original life-size case.

Last edited by d rod; 10-15-2019 at 06:48 PM.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #113
Python
Omega Red

I still really want this, but I've had to spend a fortune in the real world recently. So much that I even had to begrudgingly cancel my Dog Alien pre-order last night. So I won't be getting this if it is indeed waitlisted. I will now be relying on Prime 1 to make something special, but hopefully with a better production quality and a more palatable price tag.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #114
burtial
Frackin!

This is still a great piece, but it requires a bit of finessing and TLC unfortunately. I will probably keep it and rework it myself, because even though it should have arrived flawless, it will be an outstanding piece when finished. I just think this project was too much for them to take on.
burtial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #115
cratercritter
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtial View Post
This is still a great piece, but it requires a bit of finessing and TLC unfortunately. I will probably keep it and rework it myself, because even though it should have arrived flawless, it will be an outstanding piece when finished. I just think this project was too much for them to take on.
Thanks for the cool video review of this Alien statue.
Most of those problems with the statue will be relatively easy to fix; should not be there for such an expensive piece though. The clear head dome is likely a thermo plastic and the alignment is not out by too much, hence the gentle heat treatment method might work to correct the alignment. Tape or strap down the dome in it's correct position with a masking tape while heating the dome with a hair dryer (Avoid a heat-gun as it can be too hot). Cool down to room temperature, then remove the tape/straps.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 04:03 PM   #116
jgray
Frackin!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratercritter View Post
Thanks for the cool video review of this Alien statue.
Most of those problems with the statue will be relatively easy to fix; should not be there for such an expensive piece though. The clear head dome is likely a thermo plastic and the alignment is not out by too much, hence the gentle heat treatment method might work to correct the alignment. Tape or strap down the dome in it's correct position with a masking tape while heating the dome with a hair dryer (Avoid a heat-gun as it can be too hot). Cool down to room temperature, then remove the tape/straps.
Thanks for the review and whilst it is my favourite pose the points you made for what will be close to $3000 by the time it ships has me really concerned.

I contacted sideshow regarding refund who confirmed I would get a full refund due to the delays. double sided sticky tape on such a statue just shouldn't happen and certainly not at that price point.

I do appreciate the work that has gone into the sculpt though.

Will decide whether to cancel over the next couple of days - such a shame.

The price of this hobby is becoming prohibitive
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #117
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

Mine arrived, and for the life of me I can NOT get the dome to fit properly, as many are experiencing. I've tried the included double-sided clear tape, and I currently have the dome held on w rubber bands as i gently heat it and allow it to cool, hoping it conforms to the new shape...
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:51 AM   #118
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Liquid View Post
Mine arrived, and for the life of me I can NOT get the dome to fit properly, as many are experiencing. I've tried the included double-sided clear tape, and I currently have the dome held on w rubber bands as i gently heat it and allow it to cool, hoping it conforms to the new shape...
Good luck! Not ideal on a $2k+ statue.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:27 PM   #119
Patriot666
Birdman

If anyone is thinking about cancelling their PO please message me.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:32 PM   #120
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

For what it’s worth, I had success with wrapping two rubber bands around the dome which held it in the desired position, and then alternating heating carefully with a hair dryer, then allowing it to cool to room temp. I did two cycles of this, then removed the rubber bands, and it stayed.
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote