Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #31
Y3E
Gen 13

The Pack. I was a kid when I saw this movie in the theatre. My friends and I went to see the Outlaw Josey Wales but it was replaced by this. There was no one else other than the 5 of us in the theatre and it scared the hell out of us.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #32
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
The Pack. I was a kid when I saw this movie in the theatre. My friends and I went to see the Outlaw Josey Wales but it was replaced by this. There was no one else other than the 5 of us in the theatre and it scared the hell out of us.
I wonder how it holds up 40 years later.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:26 AM   #33
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

When I was in college I watched the Texas chainsaw capitalize massacre capitalize - the original one. Even though it was very low budget to me it still was very scary just because of the thoughts that it is based on a true story. And right after I finished watching it I had to run over to a friends apartment and it is just gotten dark and very foggy out which kind of intensified the paranoid and scared mood that the movie gave me. I did see the remake and even though it was well done it just seem to emphasize a little bit too much of the Gore and the bloodiness as opposed to the terror the first movie gave.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:46 AM   #34
SONICobra
Batman

iron man 3
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #35
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I wonder how it holds up 40 years later.
I saw it again 10 yrs or so and thought "I was scared of this?!" As a horror movie, it doesn't compare to the movies of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
iron man 3
LOL
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #36
Wizard
Justice League

Growing up as a kid in the eighties - Jason and Freddy didn’t scare me, but Michael sure as hell did. Yet, the scariest movie I’ve seen to this day is a movie titled, “The Day After,” an eighties TV movie that dealt with the consequences of global nuclear war. We would all probably agree that scary movies watched during your adolescent years stay with you and will resonate for years to come.

Yet, like many of my cherished movies from the eighties, the film (besides its powerful statement) may not hold up. As much as I love Kathryn Bigelow’s “Near Dark,” I didn’t get the same energy watching it a few years ago.

A little more current, two movies that disturb me to no end are “Seven” and “Silence of the Lambs.”
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #37
Mister H
Gen 13

Salem's Lot is up there as well.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:37 PM   #38
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Conjuring 1 & 2
Insidious Films

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:27 PM   #39
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The Blair Witch Project
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #40
Davidian
Omega Flight

I saw a couple of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies when I was super young (hid behind the couch while my parents watched it, since they thought I was still asleep), and so Freddy scared the crap outta me for a bit. Fast forward to today, and he just makes me laugh. Modern day horror movies don't do much for me. People have mentioned the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, and I remember seeing that in theaters, and remember walking out kind of mortified, mostly because my mind tried to picture it actually happening, which could have a lot to do with the way they shot some scenes. I also remember a scene from one of the Paranormal Activity movies where one of the characters gets dragged out of bed and another scene where they get thrown across the room out of nowhere, and that scared the sh!t out of me as an adult because it reminded me of things I believe I saw/experienced as a kid. Those 2 scenes made the hair on my entire body stand up due to the memories they brought back.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote